I keep getting execution error type 10810 since loading OS X El Capitan

Options
tbsdca
tbsdca
Community Member

When I open some of the saved logins on One Password on my iMac I get an error that says."The operation couldn't be completed. /Users/my name/Library/Application Scripts/ 2BUA8C4S2C.comagilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/1PasswordAutosubmit.scpt:36:52:execution error: An error of type10810 has occurred. (10810)

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: chrome extension 4.4.3.90
OS Version: OS X El Capitan 10.11
Sync Type: iCloud via wifi
Referrer: forum-search:I keep getting execution error type 10810 since loading OS X El Capitan

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tbsdca,

I'm sorry you're getting that error message. Thanks for the screenshot of the error - it's really helpful! Although I don't know exactly why that error is appearing, it seems to be referring to the auto-submit script which is installed by the Mac App Store version of 1Password. It's a very simple script which simulates pressing the Enter key when the 1Password extension fills your login information on a website.

You can try deleting the auto-submit script to see if that solve the problem. Even without that script, 1Password should still be able to automatically submit login forms on many (if not all) of the sites where you have logins. Here are the steps to remove that script:

1. Close all browsers and 1Password.
    2. In the Finder, go to the following folder: ~/Library/Application Scripts/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper
    3. Delete the 1Password_Autosubmit.scpt file.
    4. Reboot your Mac.

Does that help? Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions about that. Thanks!

• tbsdca
    tbsdca
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Drew.
    I followed the instructions you laid out and it worked!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know that worked, @tbsdca. If you run into more problems or need anything else, we're always happy to help. :)

• gmpalter
    gmpalter
    Community Member
    Options

Whenever I sign on to the Bank of America site, this alert appears. Note that I am successfully logged into the site so this dialog is just an annoyance.

1Password Version: 5.4
    Extension Version: 4.4.3
    OS Version: 10.11.0
    Sync Type: iCould

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gmpalter,

Thank you for the screenshot! I have merged your post into a recent thread about the same error message. Please see Drew's suggestion above and let us know if that solves the issue for you. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.