New Login items do not have rich icons

Options
sjk
sjk
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: How do I add items to folders?.

Comments

• glenngrossman
    glenngrossman
    Community Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Great. Thanks. Is there a way on the Mac create logins with the appropriate icons? On the iPhone when i create a login, I get a choice of different choices. An example would be when i create a Dropbox login from the iPhone, the Dropbox icon appears. Is there a way when I a login from the Mac, the Dropbox icon will appear? Thanks.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @glenngrossman,

Is there a way on the Mac create logins with the appropriate icons? … Is there a way when I a login from the Mac, the Dropbox icon will appear?

A new Login item for Dropbox (and other popular sites) will automatically have a unique icon when Use rich icons is enabled under General Preferences in 1Password for Mac.

The Icon section of Item Details in the User Guide has other information about this, including a reference for how to add a custom icon.

If Use rich icons is already enabled and you're not seeing an icon for your Dropbox Login item like in the example above, try toggling that option off and on.

I hope that helps; please let us know if you can't get it working.

• glenngrossman
    glenngrossman
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry but not sure what I am doing wrong. I have done as instructed but still no luck. So if I add a new login and try Dropbox, icon does not appear.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @glenngrossman,

I'm not sure yet where the trouble is but we'll figure it out. :)

First off, which version of 1Password and which version of OS X are you running?

What is the value of the website field in your Login item for Dropbox? https://www.dropbox.com/login is commonly used.

Do you see rich icons for any of your other Login items?

If you create the Demo vault (see PRO TIP at the end of the Create a new vault article) do rich icons show up for Login items there, including the Dropbox example like in the image above?

Once we know if this is item-specific or a more general problem we'll have a better idea of how to fix it. Thanks in advance for the answers!

• glenngrossman
    glenngrossman
    Community Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

OS 10.11
    1Password 5
    Version 5.3.2 (532001)
    Demo shows all rich icons. Maybe it is something I am doing wrong.On the phone, when i create a new login, all rich icons appear. I can't seem to figure out how to see rich icons on Mac when creating logins. Thanks for your patience.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2015
    Options

Greetings @glenngrossman,

So the first thing to do is confirm that Use rich icons is enabled. Can you open 1Password for Mac for us please and enter 1Password's preferences. In the General tab you will find this option in the Display section at the bottom. Is it enabled? There's a screenshot on the General Preferences page of the User Guide.

The next question is, do you use anything like Little Snitch? Little Snitch is an outbound software firewall and the intent behind it is to let the user know what applications are trying to communicate. If it asked you and you said no to a very specific request that would also stop Rich Icons working as 1Password needs to communicate with our server. It's one of the very few reasons 1Password will try to access anything online.

So at the moment I'm working on the assumption that it isn't something broken and more just a misconfiguration. Hopefully this is the case and it should be easy to resolve :smile:

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @glenngrossman,

In addition to what littlebobbytables asked about, we'd like to know this (see Item Details):

What is the value of the website field in your Login item for Dropbox? https://www.dropbox.com/login is commonly used.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.