"Failed to list remote data folder in Dropbox"

Options
AGAlumB
AGAlumB
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: iOS not synching using Dropbox.

Comments

• tonymolica
    tonymolica
    Community Member
    Options

Brenty! Help! Dropbox syncs great between computers - both mac and PC. Works great- no problem between computers/macs/pcs using dropbox. But IOS 1password app- I downloaded it from app store (Oct 9th), doesn't want to sync with my dropbox file. Error in IOS (after typing my passcode within the 1password IOS app) "Failed to list remote data folder in Dropbox". The folder path is correct. MY Dropbox app on my IOS device works fine. My passcode is correct as it is a 4-digit number that I type all the time. what's going on? I tried on my iPhone 6S (IOS 9.0.2) and my iphone 4s (IOS 8). THe 1password app on my mac is ver 5.3.2 that I purchased on agilebits site (family license). Got a clue?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Error in IOS (after typing my passcode within the 1password IOS app) "Failed to list remote data folder in Dropbox". The folder path is correct. MY Dropbox app on my IOS device works fine. My passcode is correct as it is a 4-digit number that I type all the time.

@tonymolica: There are a couple things here that give me pause:

• If I understand correctly, you've set a 4 digit PIN for accessing the Dropbox app itself. 1Password cannot use this. You'll need to use your full Dropbox login credentials — email address and password.
    • The error you're receiving may also be due to Dropbox not having finished syncing some data. Often simply trying again after a few minutes will work, one it is completed.

Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• tonymolica
    tonymolica
    Community Member
    Options

Brenty- The 4-digit pin is used as a Master Password to unlock the agile-key encrypted file. It has nothing to do with dropbox credentials. the dropbox credentials are provided within the dropbox app, not the 1password app. the 1password app has a "sync" section in settings. I click it. I click "Start Syncing". I click "Sync with Dropbox" . I see my account listed on the top of the screen. I select my dropbox account. Then the 1Password IOS app searches within my dropbox folder structure (it can do that because the dropbox creds are correct). I select the "1Password/" folder - where my 1password.agilekechain is located. It says "please wait". IOS app takes me back to "Primary Vault" screen. The error says "Failed to list remote data folder in dropbox /1Password/1Password/agilekeychain/data/ " I keep pressing "sync now" no change. Bottom line - it's a bug in the IOS app. The IOS App cannot recognize the format of the agilekeychain data for my dropbox. So can you please ask your developers to fix this please. I've given you my version numbers of each in the previous message. It doesn't work. This is a bug. This is not user error.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tonymolica: Thanks for following up! I've split you off into a separate discussion so we can work on your particular issue.

Sorry for misunderstanding. When you said

MY Dropbox app on my IOS device works fine. My passcode is correct as it is a 4-digit number that I type all the time. what's going on?

it sounded like you were referring to the PIN you can set to protect the Dropbox app itself. It wasn't clear at what points you were referring to the Dropbox app versus 1Password.

But this still confuses me. Are you using a 4 digit number as your Master Password? You mentioned that you have an iPhone 6S, so I'm surprised that you wouldn't be using Touch ID. The Touch ID option replaces the PIN option on devices that support Touch ID.

/1Password/1Password/agilekeychain/data/ " I keep pressing "sync now" no change. Bottom line - it's a bug in the IOS app. The IOS App cannot recognize the format of the agilekeychain data for my dropbox. So can you please ask your developers to fix this please. I've given you my version numbers of each in the previous message. It doesn't work. This is a bug. This is not user error.

If Dropbox Sync didn't work, I'd be right there with you, but I'm not seeing this issue. 1Password absolutely can read a valid .agilekeychain in Dropbox. If not, you, I, and countless others would be very, very frustrated. Now, I know that you're having some trouble, but we'll get this working for you.

So in your case, if everything else is set up correctly and you're still having this problem, either the vault in Dropbox is damaged, or the app on your device is. Please follow these steps:

1. On your iPhone, to 1Password Settings > Sync > Sync Service and Disable Sync.
    2. Go to your PC and open your Dropbox folder.
    3. Verify the path, since I'm not sure if /1Password/1Password/agilekeychain/data/ was a typo or not. You should only have a single 1Password folder.
    4. Then open 1Password for Windows and verify that the path matches in File > Preferences > General.
    5. Go to File > Repair 1Password Vault.
    6. Let Dropbox sync the repaired vault.
    7. Finally, setup Dropbox Sync on your iPhone.

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report for each device and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)*

*In 1Password Settings > Advanced > Diagnostics > Log Settings, enable Agile Keychain, Database, Dropbox, Sync

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

• tonymolica
    tonymolica
    Community Member
    Options

My correct path is "/1Password/1Password.agilechain/data/" and NOT /1Password/1Password.... Sorry about that typo.
    1Password 4.6.0.586 for windows - I selected repair. response: "Your 1Password is healthy. No Errors or Problems have been found."
    Diags from IOS and Mac sent. I downloaded 1Password5Troubleshooting.app for mac. and used Advanced section in IOS.
    Diags from PC sent manually. (a zip file).
    I have IOS screenshots. How can I get them to you via email? what address?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @tonymolica

Could you please post your Support ID here? I didn't find your diagnostics reports under the email address you have registered here on the forums.

Thanks!

Ben

• @tonymolica - Thanks for sending in your diagnostics reports. We will reply via email shortly.

ref: SAB-75412-558

• tonymolica
    tonymolica
    Community Member
    Options

I'm glad you found it. Sorry for email confusion! THank you!

• Ben
    Options

No worries, got it now! Thanks. :)

• hsnyc
    hsnyc
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there... was a solution found for this error. I am having the exact problem and have followed all suggested steps on this page --> https://support.1password.com/dropbox-troubleshooting/ I am not having any issues syncing on my Windows or MAC computers, just in the iPad. Thanks for your help.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hsnyc,

Unfortunately we don't know if it was all concluded satisfactorily. The last communication was from us with a proposed suggestion and we haven't heard back. It may be that everything is working fine and so they didn't need to write in.

Basically we suggested using the Mac to create a brand new Agile Keychain, assuming that 1Password for Windows and 1Password for Mac are truly in sync. It won't work in 1Password for Windows but 1Password for Mac is quite different and the Agile Keychain isn't your vault - it's merely the sync container. What it means is your Mac can survive it being deleted and it can create a brand new one.

If you're happy that your Mac is up to date and contains all of your vault then the following may work for you.

1. Launch 1Password for Windows.
    2. Use the drop down menu option Backup > Back Up 1Password Vault...
    3. Launch 1Password for Mac.
    4. Use the menu option File > Backup
    5. That's your safety net so you don't worry about what comes next.
    6. Open 1Password's preferences and switch to the Sync tab.
    7. Change the sync option from Dropbox to None.
    8. In the confirmation window that pops up tick the checkbox titled Delete data from Dropbox. Don't worry, this only deletes the Agile Keychain that is used in this sync. Click the Disable Sync button.
    9. Pause to let the deletion sync to Dropbox's servers.
    10. Set the sync option back to Dropbox and let 1Password for Mac create a brand new Agile Keychain.
    11. Pause to let this new Agile Keychain sync to Dropbox's servers.

Does this new Agile Keychain work any better on your iPad?

• hsnyc
    hsnyc
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables I followed the above steps and it is working great now. Thank you very much for your help!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great to hear @hsnyc :smile:

If we can help with anything else just let us know :smile:

This discussion has been closed.