1Password on iPad is suddenly taking a long time to open to password screen, and extension crashing

johnwallis
johnwallis
Community Member

1Pasword Pro on iPad suddenly taking a long time to open to the password entry screen. Currently taking about 10-12 seconds. I only have a relatively small number of records at the moment, around 30.
The action extension also now takes a long time to open to the password entry screen. It often closes without password entry becoming available. Sometimes now closes after password is entered. Extension now always asks for master password when it does open - (it may be my faulty memory, but I seem to remember it used to open with no password required when main app was logged in?)
All other apps are working as normal on the iPad.
I have tried hard resetting the iPad, deleting and reinstalling 1Password, but am still experiencing the same problem.
I have posted earlier, but possibly with insufficient detail, as I have had no feedback from support.

iOS 9.0.2

Thanks for help.
John

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: iPad
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1password for iPad suddenly taking long time to open to password screen

Comments

• johnwallis
    johnwallis
    Community Member

Since updates of iOS & 1Password, it is taking a long time to open, up to 10 seconds. The main app screen often closes without offering password entry field. Frequently asks for full password rather than just short code when app is already open. The action extension also takes a long time to open, often simply closes, or asks for master password when main app logged in. All this is making 1Password virtually unusable.

Running 1Password Pro 6.0.1 (6010041), and iOS 9.0.2 on iPad.

Hope you can help.
    Thanks,
    John

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:Long opening time

• johnwallis
    johnwallis
    Community Member

Anyone?
    Agilebits support?

• johnwallis
    johnwallis
    Community Member

Am I in the right place? Is this the Agilebits staff support forum? If not, can someone point me to the correct place to get support please.
    Many thanks :-)

• johnwallis
    johnwallis
    Community Member

Update.
    Deleted and reinstalled. Rebooted iPad.
    Still same very slow opening on both main app, and Safari extension. Safari extension randomly closes.

• Hi @johnwallis,

I'm sorry for the delayed reply. Our typical workflow is to work from the bottom of the forum up, which generally means we're answering the threads that have waited the longest first. Unfortunately when you post another message in your thread that bumps it up to the top of the list, with the newest threads. Essentially you've been bumping yourself to the end of the line.

It appears we've been corresponding via email, and we'll continue to work with you that way so as to avoid a duplication of efforts. Thanks!

Ben

• Hi @johnwallis,

I wanted to ping you here as it appears we've been waiting a few days for a fresh diagnostic report from you. Just wanted to make sure you received that request from Greig. :)

Thanks!

Ben

• johnwallis
    johnwallis
    Community Member

Hi Ben,
    I did reply to Greig on 15 October, in response to his suggestion of turning off touch I/d. (My iPad is the earlier non touch I/d version..)
    Unless I've missed it, I haven't had any other communication or a request for further diagnostic report.

I'm sending report to him now, with a link to this thread. (Although the send button is greyed out on the diagnostic report mail, so uncertain if the report sent, or just closed??)

Just as a thread update, still experiencing the same problems - random crashes on opening, long time to password screen, extension not working...
    Thanks,
    John

• Thanks John! Got it now.

This discussion has been closed.