Autofill not working on custom ROM (Chroma)

Options
xbach
xbach
Community Member

Hi,
I've recently installed Chroma ROM on my Nexus 4 (Android 5.1.1). With stock ROM everithing works OK, but with this custom ROM keyboard disappearing when I try to autofill, being unable to do anything until I select a new keyboard.
I've read that other users has the same problem with other custom ROMs. Is there any easy solution?
Thanks!

1Password Version: 4.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 5.1.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hey @xbach. Thanks for reporting this issue wit the Chroma ROM. Unfortunately, we aren't able to reproduce this issue with the stock ROM (as you noted), and we've only heard reports of this from users with custom ROMs.

If possible, I recommend contacting them, and letting them know about this issue. It seems that certain ROMs are altering the core behavior of the OS, which makes it difficult for 1Password to work consistently on these devices. It's possible that this is something on their end that's altering the UI.

I'll make not of this issue with Chroma, and forward it to our developers. Thanks for letting us know!

Let me know if you have any other feedback or questions. :)

• spykerc8
    spykerc8
    Community Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi there,

I'm a LastPass Premium user poking around to see if 1Password would be better for me. So far, I like the app and the philosophy of 1password. There's a few things I find a little bit less user-friendly, but I understand the choices that have been made :)

However, I'm currently experiencing an issue with the 1Password keyboard for Android. The keyboard just disappears when I click the login feature (to check for matching logins). It doesn't show the logins window nor anything else.

See the following pictures with the Instagram login (just an example, the bug is the same for all the apps) :

removed by AgileBits

If you check the keyboard arrow on the bottom left hand corner, you'll see it is like it's been hidden. Both keyboard and auto fill options are enabled in the Android settings. Plus, LastPass works A-OK right now. So I guess it's a 1password issue. I've already tried to uninstall 1password, reboot and reinstall, it didn't make any difference.

Anyway, I'm not sure what to do. If anybody can advice me on this, I'd be really glad. I can send a diagnostic report to the devs, if needed.

Thanks!

S

1Password Version: Android 4.5.3
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Android 6.0
    Sync Type: Dropbox

• spykerc8
    spykerc8
    Community Member
    Options

Hey,

Just a precision : the 1Password keyboard is actually working. It's the vault that is not opening from the keyboard. Otherwise, the keyboard works like any other keyboard.

The 1Password application works too. I can see and edit logins, etc. It's really the vault opening that doesn't work.

Hope that can help a dev somewhere :)

S

• peri
    Options

Hey @spykerc8. Thanks for getting in touch with us and for your support of 1Password. I've edited your post to protect your privacy. :) Let's see what's going on here.

First off, is your Android device rooted or are you using a custom ROM? We haven't been able to reproduce this issue on stock Android, but we have heard of this occurring on Android devices with custom ROMs.

Let me know if that's the case. Also, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Android device:
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• spykerc8
    spykerc8
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Peri,

Actually, you are right. It's a ROM / Kernel issue. I've double checked on the Chroma ROM thread on XDA-Developpers, and the issue has been reported in the past, without solution so far.

I'll send you the report nonetheless. I've posted a message for the ROM dev. at XDA too.

thank you

S

• peri
    Options

Thanks for the update! I've merged your thread with this thread on the same subject.

I'll look up your email and we can continue the conversation there. Thanks!

• spykerc8
    spykerc8
    Community Member
    Options

Just a small update on the issue for anybody who would be experimenting the same : issue still here and still can't use the 1P keyboard with Chroma.

I tried the beta 6 version of 1P, it doesn't change anything (although the design refresh is welcome).

• saad
    edited February 2016
    Options

Thanks for the update using the 1Password 6.0 beta. We are making some changes with the filling interface in the next beta, please let us know if that works on your device when it is released. Thanks.

• spykerc8
    spykerc8
    Community Member
    Options

Hey saad,

Very good news : the autofill works with the latest beta I just downloaded! I tested it in Chrome and a few other apps and so far, so good.

• That's good news, @spykerc8! Thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.