Saving new record via Chrome extension doesn't allow username to be added afterwards

I'm a new 1Password user and I currently purchased the premium version. However, as I use it daily, I'm finding some things off. I just used the password generator to generate a new password for a new account on the TransUnion website. The extension saved it, but once I opened it the username field is not available and I'm unable to add it. I can add it in the lower section, but it belongs at the top, above password.

The only other discussion I could find is already closed and no further details were given - https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/29691/no-way-to-add-username-to-existing-login

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGMarshall
    AGMarshall
    1Password Alumni

@lgreen_chi It sounds like you saved the generated password in the Passwords category, and not as an actual login. Here are the instructions on how to save a login automatically and how to save a login manually.

On items saved in the Passwords category (which would be a password generated via the Strong Password Generator), from the main 1Password 5 for Mac application, you locate the saved item and then click the "convert to login" in the lower left of the main window.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@AGMarshall Thank you. I was able to convert the record. I was filling out a form that contained an email address, password, password confirmation and I used the password generator via the browser extension. Perhaps it didn't read the email address as a username and saved the password only. Thanks for your reply.

• AGMarshall
    AGMarshall
    1Password Alumni

@lgreen_chi You are very welcome! I am glad to hear that did the trick. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.