How do I stop the "Get it Now" extension popup?

Options
J4Days
J4Days
Community Member
edited October 2015 in Mac

The popup to install the 1Password web-browser extension is more annoying than letting ads popup onto the website you are visiting! This is extremely annoying! I have already installed the extension on my "main" web-browser, but when I go on the other web-browser (Google Chrome), I get a popup of the 1Password "Get it Now" extension popup... want to replicate this?
Steps:
1. Open your 1Password on you mac and unlock your vault.
2. Use google chrome without the 1Password extension.
3. When you get the notification (popup), ... click the Google Chrome web-browser to hide the popup in the background.
4. Watch the popup come to the foreground of your web-browser...

This is extremely annoying, I don't know why you developers didn't incorporate a ignore button OR ANY KIND OF "close/exit" button for that stupid popup...

1Password Version: Version 5.3 (530029)
Extension Version: 4.4.4
OS Version: OS X 10.11
Sync Type: NEVER... b/c of stupid 1Password extension popup

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I've just gone ahead and installed the extension on all three browsers on my system.

• J4Days
    J4Days
    Community Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

but i just want it on 1 web-browser... not all of them.

Google Chrome is a resource hog... I use it for only video/Java related/required stuff.

• J4Days
    J4Days
    Community Member
    Options

Well.... this constant popup will continue to happen until you restart your computer...

Resolved.... Just restart your computer to stop it.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @J4Days,

Thanks for following up to let us know restarting your Mac helped to solve that! We certainly don't want to annoy you with that popup, and I can let our developers know about this so they can hopefully improve it. I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

If you run into more problems or need anything else, please let us know. We're always happy to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.