Banking login issues (Mac)

This discussion was created from comments split from: Loosing my passwords and getting old ones!.

Comments

• przemmaj
    przemmaj
    Community Member

Actually I do. Don't know thought if I should post on same thread. If not please move to proper one.

1password is not working with particular pages. One actually is pain because it is online banking site. Can something be done with that?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

The usual solution for problems like this is to re-create and save the login manually. Have you tried that?

If that doesn't work please tell us the URL of the problem banking site (so long as it's not confidential) and someone may be able to test it for you.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@przemmaj: Indeed, without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell us the OS, 1Password (updated today!), and browser versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, if you're having trouble with specific sites, be sure to include that information. As Stephen_C mentioned, often simply manually saving the login will save additional information that will allow 1Password to work. Thanks in advance! :)

• przemmaj
    przemmaj
    Community Member

Hey,

So the OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Google Chrome 46.0.2490.71 (64-bit) and 1password 5.4 (54006) with Chrome Extension: 1Password: Password Manager and Secure Wallet 4.4.3.90

the site that's not working is: https://secure.ideabank.pl/

1password doesn't fill the login forms when I'm using extension...

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @przemmaj,

So I've taken a quick peek at the site and I see that it's what we would describe as a multi-page login. The first page asks for your username (I think) and then the second is asking for certain characters from your password.

I haven't test yet but I don't see any reason we can't work with the first page. The second however we currently can't fill. 1Password can fill a password field but what we're unable to cope with are ones where single characters from a password are being requested. Picking a specific character from a string is easy, the trouble is reliably being able to identify which characters and into what fields. We did add something we call Large Type into 1Password 5.4 for Mac that will hopefully make filling this page manually a bit easier.

I believe the best of of using it is to open the Item Details for this Login item and use the keyboard shortcut ⌘O to anchor the item to the screen. Then, if you hover over the password field you'll be able to access the little menu as shown below.

Selecting the large type option will then pop up with something like this

When you use the anchor option with large type I've found it allows the large type part to stay in the screen while you type the characters into the page below. When you close the anchored window the large type will also disappear. It isn't ideal and I hope we can at some point improve on this but hopefully it can help on financial sites where they say for characters x, y & z.

Does any of this help and describe the difficulties that you're having?

• przemmaj
    przemmaj
    Community Member

Hi,

Actually in my case the site doesn't request single characters. It requests full pass (I set it up on site side in settings) however it still doesn't work with 1password, it only saves password from password field not from the first login field.

After setting (go and edit it in 1pass) login manually, I can still fill the first page by 1pass but the second one (password) is not filled automatically - as I would expect.

Of course context menu works fine but I have to do it twice (once for login, once for password).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Of course context menu works fine but I have to do it twice (once for login, once for password).

@przemmaj: Ah sorry or the misunderstanding! I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this though. Are you copying and pasting the password, or just manually clicking the extension to tell 1Password to fill it again? If it's the latter, simply using the keyboard shortcut (⌘ \) to fill should speed things up for you. Please let me know if this helps! :)

• przemmaj
    przemmaj
    Community Member

Yes and it fills only login page not the password page automatically. Is it how it should work? Double click?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@przemmaj: 1Password only fills information when you tell it to, not automatically. So if you press ⌘ \ on the first page, it will fill on the first page; and similarly if you press ⌘ \ again on the second page, it will then fill there as well. I find this much quicker than clicking around with the mouse: a simply one-handed keyboard command — and of course if you're using a different layout that makes it less convenient, you can customize it in 1Password Preferences > General. Cheers! :)

• przemmaj
    przemmaj
    Community Member

cool, all good then ! thank

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @przemmaj,

I'm glad we could clarify that. I have to say, I haven't come across an institution that allows you to choose between single characters from a password or the full one so that's new to me :smile:

This discussion has been closed.