master passwords on computer and iPhone don't sync

Options
wordpass
wordpass
Community Member

I've 1Password on computer and the app on iPhone. I changed on computer recently and discovered it doesn't allow me access on the iPhone.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:master passwords on computer and iPhone don't sync

Comments

• wordpass
    wordpass
    Community Member
    Options

To be clearer, I changed password on computer and it did not change password on iPhone app.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

We may some basic information from you in order to help you. Please tell us:

However, have you tried logging in to 1Password on the phone with the old master password first (which will enable the master password change on the computer to sync) and then trying to log on with the new master password?

Stephen

• Hey @wordpass! If you could provide us with the info that Stephen_C mentioned that would be immensely helpful. We can provide more targeted troubleshooting that way. :)

• wordpass
    wordpass
    Community Member
    Options

The version is 5.4. sync using iCloud. Tried old password and no luck. What if I trash the app and start again?

• @wordpass Thanks for letting us know. Moving the app to the trash won't necessarily solve this issue. If your data is stored in iCloud, though, there's another thing I'd love to know about: Does everything definitely work properly on your Mac? If it does, and your data is definitely on your Mac, it's safe to delete the app on your iPhone and install it once again. You should be able to sync your data with iCloud once again.

If sync simply isn't working, could you please try following this troubleshooting guide and see if that helps get things up and running once again?

Let us know how it goes!

• wordpass
    wordpass
    Community Member
    Options

Hi
    everything works properly on Mac re 1Passowrd5 so I'll go ahead and delete the app from the iPhone and install another.
    Appreciate your assistance.

• @wordpass No problem! Let us know how starting fresh with your iPhone goes.

• wordpass
    wordpass
    Community Member
    Options

Hi
    Starting fresh did little. When I go to sync with iCloud it says there is nothing on the Cloud. I've followed the fix-it suggestions, everything seems to be open for the sync, and blank. I tried this twice. Maybe someone can get on phone with me to short cut the time that this is taking. I don't remember this problem when I first added the App to my iPhone.
    Thanks,

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wordpass,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having trouble with this. If 1Password isn't finding data in iCloud, we should check first to confirm that you are logged in with the same iCloud account on all your devices. If you're like me and have somehow collected several Apple IDs, this could be where things are getting tangled up.

First, please check on your Mac to make sure that iCloud sync is enabled (and which account you're signed in with - in System Preferences > iCloud), then look in Settings.app on your iOS device under iCloud.

I see in your previous message you mention trying the fix it steps already. It can't hurt to try one more time, but if it's still not working, lets take a closer look at your system.

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• wordpass
    wordpass
    Community Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Look. I've done the diagnostic report as requested and attempted to send with Firefox, crashes; with Safari, doesn't recognize the email address you provided. Why won't someone call me? [redacted]

• Hey @wordpass! Could you send us an email at support+forum@agilebits.com with a link to this forum thread? We would be happy to move this conversation there and take care of things in a more convenient manner for you. :) If you could also include the diagnostics report that Megan mentioned, that would be wonderful. Thank you so much!

• @wordpass- Thanks for your email to our support. We will be replying shortly.

ref: DTU-15653-989

This discussion has been closed.