Hi, I'm trying out 1Password with an import from Lastpass. I have 2 questions.

agraeff
agraeff
Community Member

1) about 1/3 of my 1000 items are secure notes. They all imported into 1Password as 'login' types with the URL of http://sn. Is there anyway to move all of these to the Secure Notes container? Alternatively, is there a way to do the import that recognizes the LP Secure Notes?

2) I've placed my 1Password info on Dropbox and try using the 1Password app on Android. The app found the Dropbox 1Password folder, but after about 2 hours, it's showing 40 items. At this rate it's going to take over 24 hours to connect to the entire set of data. Is this normal?

thanks,
-alg

1Password Version: 4.6.0.586 (windows)
Extension Version: 4.5.3 Android
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:lastpass "secure note"

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @agraeff ,

1Password for Windows will only import Login items, so all the items in your CSV are being treated as Logins.

Use this converter instead to convert all of your LastPass data into a format that 1Password can import completely.

• Hi @agraeff,

Try to restart the 1Password app on your Android app and see if that'll kickstart the sync process.

• agraeff
    agraeff
    Community Member

Many thanks,

MRC's Convert to 1Password utility worked great.

I'm still having problems sync'ing from my Dropbox 1Password file to Android. I've got a Moto X on WiFi and I've been able to sync about 100 items. If I exit 1Password from Android and restart, it'll sync about another 10 items and then stall. Not sure if it's running out of resources when syncing a large number of items. I've got plenty of storage on the device. Could this be a limit of the Trial version?

thanks,
    -alg

• MikeT
    edited October 2015

Hi @agraeff,

I've moved your thread to our Android forum where our Android team will be able to help you directly, someone will reply ASAP. /cc @peri

On behalf of MrC, you're welcome.

• Hey @agraeff. I'll be happy to help with your syncing problem.

First off, it may be possible that you have a large number of tombstones in your vault, which, though invisible, will all import into Android. This can significantly increase the number of items that 1Password is trying to import, which can further slow sync time.

Please launch 1Password 4 on your Windows device. Select File > Repair 1Password vault. This will clean up those tombstones if they're more than 60 days old.

Second, it may indeed be a problem with device resources if you have a large vault. I recommend leaving the app unlocked, and altering the device display timeout so that 1Password is not booted to the background while sync completes.

1Password 4 for Android does not continuously sync in the background, so if the device gets sent to the background, syncing will be interrupted.

Let us know if this helps with the sync time. Thanks!

• agraeff
    agraeff
    Community Member

Thank,

I did the Repair 1Password Vault, and just did it again and both times it said no problems were found and that the vault is healthy.

I tried going into the Android settings->Apps and clearing the 1Password Cache, and Data, then restarted, which was like a fresh install in that I had to reset the Dropbox credentials. It found the vault and after I supplied the master pw it started to sync again. Now it's only getting 12 items (6 login and 6 Secure Notes and I've got a spinning icon. I waited a while, and then exited the app, restarted, relogged in, and it started sync'ing again until it got to 17 items (9 login, 8 secure notes). No display timeout and I let it sit 20 minutes and still at 18 items with a spinning icon.

My next try will be to fully uninstall the 1Password Android app and reinstall from the Google Play store and try again. The current app on my phone is v4.5.3.

Any help is appreciated. I'm ready to pay for the license, but need to resolve this last issue.

thanks
    -alg

• Sorry to hear that didn't do the trick.

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports from your Android device and your PC:

---Android---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

---Windows---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/win.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• agraeff
    agraeff
    Community Member

Ok, I did a full uninstall of 1Password on my android phone and reinstalled, reconnected to Dropbox and re-authenticated to the Dropbox 1Password vault. It's sitting and spinning at 10 items with no progress. If I exit 1Password and then log back in, I might get another 6-10 items, and that's it.

Not sure what else to try.

Any help is appreciated.
    thanks,
    -asg

• peri
    edited October 2015

Thanks for the update, @agraeff! I'm not sure if you saw my post above, but if you'd be so kind as to send us the diagnostics reports, we'll be able to take a closer look at your vault details and figure out what might be going on here.

Thanks again!

• agraeff
    agraeff
    Community Member

2 emails sent to you, one from Android including the Android diagnostic report, and one from Windows with it's report.
    Thanks,
    alg

• Thanks @agraeff. I just responded to your email. :)

• agraeff
    agraeff
    Community Member

Just sent the Android diagnostics. Thanks Saad.

• Awesome!

This discussion has been closed.