Not upgrading to 5.4

Options
danco
danco
Volunteer Moderator

I have been using 5.3.2 on a MacBook Pro running OS 10.10.5.

When I try to upgrade to 5.4, everything appears to go ok. That is, it says downloading, shows the progress bar, says something about archiving, closes 1PW and reopens it, all as I would expect.

The trouble is that the reopened version still says it is 5.3.2, and if I check for updates I still get told that 5.4 is available.

This seems different from other people's problems, where a download could not be properly started.

I haven't yet tried a restart (or logout and login) to see if that clears the problem.

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

What if you go directly to the downloads page and get a fresh copy?

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

That works. I should have tried it before posting. Still, it is useful for the AgileBits staff to know of oddities.

It's very late for me in the UK, so I won't actually install 5.4 until the morning, but it did download ok.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I don't know why but this update seems to be more troublesome for some people than others or I'm repressing memories :tongue:

There's this report, and while it is completely unrelated I also know we have some users struggling to update from Apple's Mac App Store too saying it can't be downloaded using their Apple ID.

Updating should be smoother than this!

This discussion has been closed.