I can't get sync to work again either with DropBox or iCloud.

Options
drhornstein
drhornstein
Community Member

I wrote a request earlier today and heard nothing back after many hours. I am completely up to date with 1Password on completely up to date OS's on my laptop and iPhone. One item on my mac wouldn't sync via iCloud. Tried all the troubleshooting steps, had to reset iCloud. Then syncing was going for hours with no end. I gave up, tried DropBox and have the same result: hours of syncing with no end. I've used 1Password for years with no problems, first using DropBox, then iCloud. Now I don't have a viable method to sync. And I'm getting no responses from support either.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:diagnostics

Comments

• drhornstein
    drhornstein
    Community Member
    Options

I noticed that a new item on the mac wasn't appearing on my iPhone. I tried all the troubleshooting points and finally reset iCloud data after deleting all of it from iCloud (I think). Now, after turning it back on on my mac (el capitan, 1password 5.4), the sync is still running after several hours (my internet speed is over 50 mb). Also, on my iPhone 6 (iOS 9.0.2, 1password 6.01), 1password isn't saying it's syncing. I don't know if it's supposed to. Several hours for 10 or so megabytes. Seems somethings wrong.

1Password Version: 5.4, 6.01
    Extension Version: 4.43
    OS Version: os x 10.11
    Sync Type: iCloud
    Referrer: forum-search:sync via iCloud stopped working for recent items. I followed all troubleshooting hints, finally...

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@drhornstein I've taken the liberty of merging the two separate threads you started. I hope you don't mind. As the subject matter is related I think it's going to make it easier for you to find the answers to your problem if those answers are all in one place.

Stephen

• drhornstein
    drhornstein
    Community Member
    Options

It's been 24 hours and I don't have a single usable piece of information from anyone who has read my posts. I've used 1Password since the first version, and I switched it successfully for a long time to work with iCloud. And now for the first time syncing doesn't work at all, no matter what method I try and I'm getting no technical support. Technical support used to be much better at the beginning also. What should I do? Step by step, what should I do? I'm seriously frustrated.

• drhornstein
    drhornstein
    Community Member
    Options

How long should it reasonably take to sync via iCloud for about 1100 items? Both my iPhone and my Mac still say "syncing" after 10 minutes. I turned it off and started over after it said "syncing" for hours yesterday. What's a reasonable amount of time? This is over a very fast internet connection.

• drhornstein
    drhornstein
    Community Member
    Options

I finally resolved my problem with the help of Apple.

• Hey @drhornstein! I'm so sorry you had trouble with iCloud and Dropbox sync, and for all the frustration that caused. It's good to hear you got everything worked out with Apple, but what exactly ended up being the issue? We would love to know just for future reference. We're still here to help you out if you do have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.