Chrome plugin window showing off screen

Options

Hi, first time the Chrome plugin open, the window is almost off screen and I can't access it for editing. Alt + Space brings up the contextual menu but the "move" option doesn't work. Attached you will find a small jpg taken from my screen showing what I can see of the window - if required I can post a full screenshot. Please note I'm using a double screen setup.

The problem is of course annoying since I cannot actually use the plugin (I need to remember to open 1Password first and then sometimes the window appears where it should, that is in the middle of the screen).

Thanks
Giovanni

1Password Version: 4.6.0.586
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10 64 bit
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: kb-search:window out of screen, kb-search:two screens

Comments

• Hi @GiovanniPerro,

We've seen a few reports of this from users using multiple screens but we haven't been able to reproduce it easily to fix this.

One thing that has consistently helped is change the resolution, move the plugin to the location you want and change the resolution back, Windows will then make it more persistent. Please try this and see if it will help you as well.

• v3lasco
    v3lasco
    Community Member
    Options

I am having this issue as well. Tried your suggestion but alas it did not fix the issue. Only thing I can do at the moment is on Windows 10 I can flip the size slider so I can interact with it. This of course is not an acceptable workaround though.

• Hi @v3lasco,

Unfortunately, we cannot reproduce this to be able to fix it. Not to mention, a few users said it doesn't happen consistently either. As far as we can tell, the issue is from Windows telling us the wrong information. We'll keep investigating to find a better solution from Windows to give us different information. In our research on this, 1Password wasn't the only program affected by this.

Try this next time you see this:

1. Press ALT+Space and then press the Enter key. This will switch to Move action for the window.
    2. Now, use the arrow keys to move to the preferred location and press the Enter key to save the location.

That should reduce the number of times it will show up offset.

This discussion has been closed.