Why do i have two different versions of 1Password on my Mac? In Dock its v3.8.14 in Safari its V5.4

Options
jimoice
jimoice
Community Member
edited October 2015 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

HOW COME I GOT TWO DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF PASSWORD ON MY MAC. IN DOCK ITS V3.8.14 IN SAFARI ITS V5.4

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:check-app-version

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

The version numbering between program and extension does vary. That said, I can't see what you mean by saying that "in Safari it's 5.4", as I don't know where in Safari you would get that information.

What version of the OS are you using? 3.8.14 is not even the latest form of 1PW3, and you would only require 1PW3 on an old OS, though you might have decided not to pay the upgrade fee from 1PW3 to 1PW4 (1PW4 to 1PW5 is free).

Of course it is quite possible that you have two versions of 1PW on your machine, in which case we need to remove one of them.

• Hey @jimoice! It sounds like you're running 1Password 3, but using the 1Password 5 extension. Have you recently upgraded to 1Password 5 or are you planning to? If not, you may want to reinstall the 1Password 3 extension from this page to ensure compatibility with the app itself. Let us know if that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.