Trouble syncing via WiFi

Options
halnorthrop
halnorthrop
Community Member
edited October 2015 in iOS

Why did I even trust 1passwrd to solve my problem. You have confirmed my IQ is about 5. I have had an account for several yrs but you can't find me . That is the 1st problem????? Then help me with iPhone down load. I am working on iPad and my Mac Please help me.

Comments

• halnorthrop
    halnorthrop
    Community Member
    Options

How can you get secret password. Nothing happens on the Mac?

• halnorthrop
    halnorthrop
    Community Member
    Options

How can you get secret password from the Mac? What is next app that I can change too?

• halnorthrop
    halnorthrop
    Community Member
    Options

How can you get 1 password to help you?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I'm sure the 1Password folks are going to be glad to help you, but they work from the oldest posts to the newest. Each time you post again, you move to the end of the queue, which make the wait for a reply even longer. Be patient.

In the meantime, I myself do not understand your issue, could you explain a bit more what your trouble is? Are you having trouble with 1Password accepting your passwords, for example? Something else?

• halnorthrop
    halnorthrop
    Community Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

I need the secret password. I have ended my service withTOTAL chaos

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not sure I understand what your question is, so could you explain a little more, please. Also, I deleted your phone number to protect your privacy in this public forum.

• halnorthrop
    halnorthrop
    Community Member
    Options

This is the third time today I have done this today . I need to find out my secret password is to get my 6G phone to connect to my Imac and storied information . Why is it so difficult to help me?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:I have payed for my accout but can't reach help ghnorthrop tel 706-570-1219

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited October 2015
    Options

@halnorthrop ,

You have recently posted in three separate threads, and perhaps have not seen the reply in one of them. The other two are here:

1. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/50091
    2. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/50106

Please follow-up in the first thread, which has the longest reply.

• gnorthrop
    gnorthrop
    Community Member
    Options

I will say it again , how do I get secret word to activate my iphone6G ???

• gnorthrop
    gnorthrop
    Community Member
    Options

When I try to activate my IPhone it says go to my iMac. ,find secret word and insert word in my iPhone. Can't find secret word on my iMac . How canI get the "secret word"?

• gnorthrop
    gnorthrop
    Community Member
    Options

This is one of six problems I have

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Can we please take this slowly, with a little more detail, so that we can understand exactly what the problem is.

First, am I correct is assuming you're trying to sync your 1P data between a Mac and your iPhone using wifi? (I'm guessing that the "secret word" to which you refer might be the "secret" referred to in the wifi sync box in 1P). If that is the problem these knowledge base articles will help you:

Wi-Fi Sync (Mac)

Sync over Wi-Fi (iOS)

Each of those articles gives step by step instructions with screen shots. That means that if you still have a problem you'll be able to tell us exactly where in the process, by reference to the relevant article, it goes wrong.

I should give a word of warning. You've given us no information at all about the versions of 1Password you are running on your Mac and on your iPhone—so I've had to guess that you're using 1P5 on your Mac and 1P6 on your iPhone. If that guess is wrong this reply might require changing. So if you do have to post again please tell us:

(You can click on those links for instructions on how to find the version numbers.)

If my guess about wifi sync is wrong please tell us, in detail, exactly what you are trying to do, what you expect to happen when you do it and what seems to go wrong.

Stephen

• Ben
    Options

Hi @gnorthrop

Thank you for taking the time to write in with this problem. Please be advised that this is a forum, not a live chat, and as such the interaction is asynchronous. Please do not reply multiple times or start new threads before receiving a response from us, as all this does is slows down the process. We make every effort to respond to all inquiries within 24 hours, however we're currently experiencing higher than normal volumes of requests and as such that time may be delayed.

Please take a look at Stephen's post above.

Thanks.

Ben

• brigid_mckell
    brigid_mckell
    Community Member
    Options

I have had similar issues syncing my mac to my ipad and iphone via wifi. I have followed all of the wifi sync instructions I can find on the forum. I have even tried creating an ad hoc network, but to no avail. I have 1password 5 on the mac and on the ipad it is version 6.0.2. Does that hinder the sync? Help :) thanks

• Ben
    Options

Hi @brigid_mckell,

It shouldn't matter, as I don't think we've made any changes to WiFi sync in the last few releases, but please try updating to v6.1.1 on the iPad.

Have you tried restarting both the Mac and the iPad?

If they won't sync even over an Ad Hoc network then something is wrong on one of the devices. This could be a firewall, VPN, proxy, or simply something has gotten into a bad state (which normally rebooting resolves). If you have checked and are not using a firewall, VPN, or proxy on either device, and have rebooted both of them, then I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• brigid_mckell
    brigid_mckell
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben! Could take until next week as it is my boss' devices in question and I won't see her for a few days. I REALLY appreciate the help and will get back to you with my results. TGIF

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Have a great weekend! :)

• brigid_mckell
    brigid_mckell
    Community Member
    Options

Ok I'm back - we are at it again, and unable to sync at all. We will try submitting a diagnostics report. I noticed in your instruction however that it is for 1password 5 and we have 6 on the MAC. I have updated to the latest version on the iPad as well. Does that make a difference?

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @brigid_mckell. Sorry to hear the problem persists. The instructions for the report are the same for both v5 & v6.

Ben

• brigid_mckell
    brigid_mckell
    Community Member
    Options

I have sent over two diagnostics - had to send one from a work account and one from a yahoo account. I put a link to this discussion in the message along with an issue ID. Hopefully it isn't TOO confusing. thanks!

• Ben
    Options

I'm not seeing them in our inbox quite yet. Did you get an auto-response from BitBot with a support ID? If so could you please post that here? If you sent two separate emails there may be two separate support IDs. :)

Ben

• Andrew_AG
    Andrew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @brigid_mckell, I've found your Diagnostics Reports, so we'll continue via email from here so as not to have to write in two different locations.

ref: WDL-28472-397

This discussion has been closed.