Getting Free Trial messages when I have already paid.

Options
AbbeyT
AbbeyT
Community Member

I keep getting messages that my free trial is over, but I paid for 1 Password a long time ago. It was working fine. What do these messages mean? I can't find my original AgileBits email with the license number.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:license-file-faq

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

"A long time ago" suggests that you may have been using 1PW3 and recently started using 1PW5 or 4. 1PW4 was a paid upgrade from 1PW3, and 1PW5 is a free upgrade from 1PW4.

Please let us know your version of 1PW, and your OS, as it will make it easier to give a full answer to your query.

You can try looking at https://agilebits.com/support and see if it gives you the licencing info. Also, if your email address is the one you use in the forum, AgileBits staff will come along in due course and report on your licence status.

I should also mention that 1PW3 used a licence KEY, whereas 1PW4/5 use a licence FILE.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AbbeyT,

I'm sorry for any confusion about the Trial Expired message you're seeing. We have information about that here: "Trial Expired" notice (Mac)

I tried searching our system for the email address associated with your forum account but couldn't find any licenses for you. If you purchased a license for 1Password for Mac from our AgileBits Store with a different email address, you can have your license resent to you from the "I've lost my license" section of this site.

Or is it possible you purchased 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store? In that case, you'll need to install the Mac App Store version of 1Password. Just launch the Mac App Store, make sure you're signed in with the same Apple ID you used to make the purchase, and reinstall 1Password from the Purchases section.

I hope that helps, but if you have more questions, please let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.