Forced to login again when a new window or tab is opened

Options
mskopel
mskopel
Community Member

When I am on a secure site which opens a new tab, window or popup, I am forced to login a second time. This is new since v6. Is there a setting or something else I should be looking for? It happens on multiple sites.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 9.0.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Forced to login when a new window or tab is opened

Comments

• Hey @mskopel! Could you give us a few more details on this, such as the sites that it's occurring on? Also, what browser are you using on iOS? Once you let us know, we can test things on our end to see if we can reproduce the issue. :)

• mskopel
    mskopel
    Community Member
    Options

The site that I see this most often is authorize.net where when approving a transaction, a (probably ajax) popup comes up. It is when I touch the link which brings up the popup that I am brought back to the login screen. My browser is set to Safari iPad although I am pretty sure I was using 1Browser too. If you are unable to access an authorize.net account, let me know privately and I can give you access to my sandbox account.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mskopel,

Thanks for the additional information. Could you please tell me if this happens when using the Safari app with the 1Password extension?

https://support.1password.com/guides/ios/enable-extension.html

Changing the "user agent" setting in 1Password's settings doesn't change which browser you are using. You're still using 1Browser. It just changes how 1Browser identifies itself to websites you visit, which can sometimes cause the site to present itself in different ways.

Thanks.

Ben

• mskopel
    mskopel
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Ben,

This issue I have described does not occur with the safai extension. It only happens when I am within 1P.

Michael

• Hi @mskopel. If you have a safe way to give us access to an account on authorize.net that we can use to test this out that would be great. Please write in to support+ios@agilebits.com and cc me in ( mrrooni@agilebits.com ) with any details we might need. Thanks!

• MrRooni
    edited October 2015
    Options

Good morning @mskopel! I was able to replicate the problem here and put a fix in place for it. You should see this fix appear in 1Password in the release after 1Password 6.1. Thanks so much for your help.

ref: OPI-3149

• BoxCar
    BoxCar
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

@MrRooni I'm still having this exact issue with City National Bank and have had it for eons. Safari iOS handles the new window properly but 1P instead relaunches the login window making it impossible to ever get to the bank's desired new window (image of check or whatever).

1P iOS 6.2.1

• Ben
    Options

Hi @BoxCar,

The suggested workaround for this is to use Safari with the 1Password extension:

Enable the extension | 1Password for iOS

I hope that helps!

Ben

• BoxCar
    BoxCar
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks I'm aware of the workaround but don't understand why the bug persists if it was supposed to be fixed already according to the post by @MrRooni in October. We're well past 6.1.

• Ben
    Options

I understand the difficulty, and I have re-opened the bug that was referenced for further investigation by our development team. At present most of our browser based development effort is focused on the extension, rather than 1Browser. 1Browser is mostly a holdover from a time prior to extensions existing on iOS. That is why I mentioned the extension as a possible solution to this problem.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.