Credit card form for car license renewal doesn't work

In the US, the website used for DOL (department of licensing) renewal for car licenses accepts credit cards over the web. The credit card form is populated correctly via the web.

The renewal process starts at:
https://fortress.wa.gov/dol/tabs/Default.aspx

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: 10.11
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Victor Boctor,

Am I correct in understand that it seems like the credit card form is populating correctly but when you submit something is wrong? I'm just trying to better understand based on the title and then the statement that "The credit card form is populated correctly via the web."

Can I ask about the form too. The requirements would suggest that only a driver residing in Washington will be able to reach the payment section of the form. If this is the case, to figure out what is happening the easiest way forward might be to ask a favour of you to help us review a copy of the page and its source. Of course this will only be possible if the page doesn't show anything sensitive on it as we certainly don't want you showing us anything that isn't strictly necessary for filling the page and we won't do so via the forum either.

Hopefully once we've learned how we can view the page we can discover what has gone wrong.

• Victor Boctor
    Victor Boctor
    Community Member

I'll try to get you a copy of the page in the future. I'm not even sure I can do that after I have renewed the license. The problem was that the extension wasn't populating the form correctly.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Victor Boctor,

Hopefully we can have more success with your other query as this one sounds tricky. Obviously we would love to interact with the page more reliably if there is an issue there. It seems like access is going to be tough to achieve though if it's the case of requiring a driver in Washington with an expiring licence in need of renewal. Heck, if I was in your situation I'm positive I wouldn't actually remember a year from now to ask about the page as there is no way my memory is that good.

• Victor Boctor
    Victor Boctor
    Community Member

Just checked now. I can't get to the form since my car tabs are already renewed. So can't provide the repro details.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Victor Boctor,

I suppose it makes sense, why allow you to renew a licence that doesn't need to be. I'm sure you can understand why that makes it so difficult to resolve though. If you have any friends that might need to renew their licence soon maybe we can ask them nicely if they'd be willing to assist us?

This discussion has been closed.