How to just show a password in the 1Password app?

Options
warreng
warreng
Community Member

Hello, I just installed 1Password for ios, and also purchased the PRO version, I've added a couple of passwords to test out, but I can not easily see or view my password for that item. (Example: I've entered a reward program card for points, eg: starbucks and my grocery store). When I click on the desired card/item, it just shows the card name, followed by 'add to favorites', 'Move to folder', etc... Is there no way to quickly tap on the card and see the info and password, names, etc? The cumbersome way that I've briefly noticed is only done by clicking a few times on the name of the item, and then tap on "Edit".

Before I start the long task of entering my entire list of passwords,names and info, I want to know if that is the only method so far, in terms of displaying/viewing my password. I do not anticipate using the auto login as much or at all, at this point in time.

Regards,
Warren

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ios 9.0.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:ios show password

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi Warren ( @warreng ),

By default passwords are concealed to help combat shoulder surfing. If you'd like to turn that feature off, you can do so under 1Password > Settings > Security ( https://support.1password.com/guides/ios/settings-security.html ). If you just want to view the password for an item without turning off that setting you can open the item and then tap in the password field where you see the asterisks blanking it out ( ********** ) and select Reveal Password.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.