I can get automatic sign ins that I have set up not when they request sign ins at a different time

I have barely conquered automatic sigh-ins. When the same party asks sign in for different reason (eg use of kindle) I don't know how to sign in
Thank you( In other words when I want to shop amazon I can when I want free kindle books through prime I can't automatically sign in)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I get automatic sign ins when requested by company when I am accessing from different source

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @Barrob333,

It might seem a bit pedantic but just to ensure we're on the same wavelength we will never automatically fill in a login page which we discuss on our Why doesn’t 1Password automatically fill forms when the page loads? page.

So with that clarified, let's see if we can help :smile: I am an Amazon customer myself but I don't own a Kindle and I haven't tried Prime yet. So my experiences aren't identical to yours but with a little luck you can help me understand what you're seeing. Normally Amazon will ask me to confirm my password once or twice if I'm making a purchase but the one Login item I have works everywhere Amazon asks.

These are public forums so you don't want to post anything sensitive but if you could explain a little more using Amazon as an example we'll see if we can help :smile:

• Barrob333
    Barrob333
    Community Member

Thankyou. in the amazon shopping 1 password works like a charm no matter how many times it is asked for . But if the automatic log in is not used I don't know how to login with my password when asked.More tech savvy people can cut and paste-i don't know how.All attempts to generate password using original process even when correctly pulled up on 1 password fail. I wonder if I can generate separate login for kindle and prime
    Many thanks B

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Barrob333,

I think I'm beginning to understand. You have 1Password on some device and you are happy using the extension. You can log into Amazon and the issue isn't with 1Password there at all. Instead the problem is if you create a complex password, as we recommend, how do you use it on a device that doesn't support 1Password? So every so often your Kindle is asking for your Amazon password but if your password is something like YmK73H}64^BRe]BEaN[B what do you do?

If that is a correct summation then there isn't an easy solution I'm afraid. We don't have 1Password for Kindle so the only way to proceed would be to manually enter the password. You can make the password visible in 1Password so you can see what you need to type but you will still have to type it. The following screenshot should help a bit in this matter. Now I don't know what platform you use so this screenshot is from 1Password for Mac.

If you hover the mouse over the password field the copy button will become visible. If you click the little caret the menu will appear and you can select the reveal option.

Does any of this help or have I misunderstood?

This discussion has been closed.