Failed to upload file to Dropbox error

Options
Coldfire
Coldfire
Community Member
edited October 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi guys,

my most updated data are on my iPhone, but my desktop application does not update accordingly when syncing via Dropbox, in fact I get error message 'Failed to upload file to Dropbox', how can I fix this?

Thanks

1Password Version: 4.6.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:dropbox-troubleshooting

Comments

• @Coldfire - Is 1Password on your phone syncing to Dropbox? What is the sync location in your Dropbox folder?

• Hi @coldfire,

Is your iPhone using the cellular network or the Wi-Fi network? Try switching to a Wi-Fi network and sync again, see if it will upload your changes.

If not, it sounds like there might be a configuration issue. Please use this guide to generate a diagnostic report from your iPhone to email to us and, in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

• Coldfire
    Coldfire
    Community Member
    Options

Hi guys,

thanks for your replies.

@LauraR it seems that desktop and dropbox are synched, whereas I am not able to sync iPhone and desktop. The sync location is Dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain

@MikeT I tried syncing with Wifi but the changes on my iPhone do not appear on the desktop. I just sent you the report, have you received it?

Many thanks

• MikeT
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi @Coldfire,

Yes, we got the report, thanks!

ref: AJL-25579-286

I tried syncing with Wi-Fi but the changes on my iPhone do not appear on the desktop

Just to be clear, I wasn't talking about changing from Dropbox to Wi-Fi, I was talking about how your iPhone connects to the Internet.

Some users have 1Password turned off for cellular data, which means if you're on the wireless provider network instead of your home Wi-Fi network, 1Password can't sync at all and you'd get these errors.

It looks like there are sync conflicts in your 1Password data, that's why some of the data hasn't changed yet on your PC.

You still want to use Dropbox, not Wi-Fi, right?

• Coldfire
    Coldfire
    Community Member
    Options

Yes @MikeT I meant wifi as type of connection that my iPhone was using, and yes, I would like to sync everything with Dropbox :)

• @Coldfire - Thanks for sending us the diagnostics report from your phone. We will reply to you via email.

ref: AJL-25579-286

This discussion has been closed.