Shared Login Link Not Working - already tried copy

Options

I am trying to save a shared login based on a link to sent to my gmail. It worked last time when I simply copy and pasted the Onepassword link onto Firefox and it asked if I wanted to add a new login.

Now, when the link is pasted onto Firefox, it simply opens my vault but does not prompt for anything and does not save the password.

I have also tried copying the link, going to 1Password -->Edit-->Paste to no avail.

I have even tried restarting my PC. Uninstalling & Reinstalling Firefox. (Chrome and Explorer don't seem to work at all for 1P)

Any other suggestions?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:tap the link to add

Comments

• Hi @abanzon,

It is possible that Gmail has corrupted the link, it wouldn't be the first time. I'd suggest asking whoever sent it to you to resend the link or try a secure method such as your iMessage/Skype account.

• abanzon
    abanzon
    Community Member
    Options

I had asked the person to resend it and it still does not work. Is there anything that I may need to disable or enable? Pop-ups? Plugins?

• abanzon
    abanzon
    Community Member
    Options

I had asked the person to resend it and it still does not work. Is there anything that I may need to disable or enable? Pop-ups? Plugins?

• Hi @abanzon,

There's nothing you need to configure, it's done automatically by Windows. When you install 1Password, we tell Windows that all onepassword:// links should be opened in 1Password and when you click on such a link, Windows sends it to our program and we process it.

After all, it did open in 1Password for you.

Can you tell us what the other user is using, is he or she using 1Password for Windows as well? We'd like to try reproducing and see if we can work around this.

• abanzon
    abanzon
    Community Member
    Options

The other user is using a Mac to send the link.

I wonder what the difference is between this situation since we had previously be sending logins back and forth without any problems.

• Hi @abanzon,

Let's try something. I'm going to include two samples here, the one from Mac and one from Windows. First one will be Mac:

onepassword://share/1?d=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%3D

Does this work for you? It'll import a sample called Twitter in your Logins category.

if not, try the Windows version here:

onepassword://share/1?d=U2FsdGVkX185MDVDMDZGOV2GmkXIQHvg5%2BLwPRSpe1WNbEaZ51LmL8UyMOZYyvZF1PQR7d5UncfTZc9mfIAo4%2BBaXViBisHkVH2UmLJkoxHEpiKTo%2FPFB2JeYxwLIHRhJ0ildLfkmk%2FcltA0Mlh%2BTxyDJMt6QKAph8JVnk1hc%2F%2FovKX43LEnO9A41DY%2BBCEP7AUzQzeNyH0uxIIVXkc1FAG01e0liAU99wDPxiBy0vXpFx9mRPMAEacz%2B8wYsyprr7WiFySAwFNwntoviRuxEvg4KejO2XbfWaAskXMMe3Kw7KR9ZoAlluQp2uLmlcyCAV3kDUpjTRjHiabUdLF%2FOM1a8grdjl8gvifmdOmYoMW2VU1Z4tthPuXTH%2F5Ca9T%2FI%2BBtmDpHKielk5SF2N55EFXQvupbBiuWixgW77uB2%2BP%2BbaISoaM1uZMVzHnpp5oYb6M4oRybrDBAMJ8cVb7LHZrF9QwNyFnBloLlaxLWUc%2FjWLHwcsjWS29vGL1rgf14BtmlWcnPpZnP28eFl7Mlm0LtPx5wQ%2BHjEsfjKuWXn7scPZH2CvjVy%2B51O5wG0nP3TN9qUty3gWE%2BuoDuDTAokDwrks3TyG4clHoPKvjiiO6KndeqvqnM0zaFWTIREp36jqSCWx0c1sL%2FqpP3xDfAF5xohCp5jXBhE740sfLB%2B10snZ8pFA9KpwfUbnHGu0UFE2%2BBb7t2BNY1BBN3v3w%2Fk3N2xrpwGk4gYzS4UjFo43gbYTaLyMOQO2QVmww9hm2JPLhghelkgsjIpWHPLHa4G6YZHPQ%2FMObbg9U5LxbItAEZl40RlYmMN6xq5dTqjx18

• abanzon
    abanzon
    Community Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Ahh yes, the second one from Windows worked. But what if my colleague does not have a Windows computer?

The first one does the same thing as the login we are trying to share.

• MikeT
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi @abanzon,

That means there's something changed from the Mac side that we weren't told about or it is a bug in the Mac program. I was able to see the same thing on my PC.

I'm going to file a bug report with the Mac team and see if we can fix this.

Thanks for reporting this to us.

• abanzon
    abanzon
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your quick replies. Do you have an estimated time for the fix? We may be needing to share more logins today. Otherwise, we'll have to go the manual way.

• MikeT
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi @abanzon,

I don't have a timeframe, we don't know what's causing this yet, so it's going to take some time to find the cause before we can fix it.

However, it seems like you're sharing a lot of items, wouldn't it make sense to share a vault instead? Sharing an item via email is not secure but sharing a vault via Dropbox or whichever sync method you're using is far more efficient and far more secure. Your colleague can just copy it over to the other vault and it'll show up for you automatically when you switch to this vault on your PC and you can copy it back to your primary vault to avoid switching all day long.

ref: OPM-3350

• alexchilcott
    alexchilcott
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I've also been suffering with this issue for a while. I experience this issue when sharing a password from my iPhone to my Windows computer. @MikeT, I have tried your example above, and as with @abanzon, the version shared from Mac does not work when I import into my Windows computer, but the version shared from the Windows computer does work.

Unfortunately, sharing a whole vault is not an option for me, as my Windows computer is my work computer where using Dropbox, etc, is not allowed.

Is there any update on this issue that you can give at this point?

Thanks,
    Alex

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@alexchilcott: I'm sorry for the trouble! The development team has been able to track down the problem, and once we're finished testing this (provided it passes) we'll release an update. Thanks for your patience! :)

ref: OPM-3350

• alexchilcott
    alexchilcott
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Great, that's good to hear, thanks for the update!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Any time! I'm sorry I don't have more exciting news for you today, but hopefully we'll be able to clear it soon. :pirate:

This discussion has been closed.