I have 10.9.5. and just bought Ver. 5. How do I update this?

Options
KTB
KTB
Community Member

I assumed it would be automatic but it wasn't. Do I need 5? I tried to Check for Updates but it says I'm using the latest ver. in Password.

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.9.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:upgrade to 4

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi @KTB,

I've got just the guide for you right over here!

How do I upgrade 1Password for Mac from version 3?

On OS X 10.9.5, you can run 1Password 4, which you can install from the Legacy section at the bottom of our Downloads page. Your v5 license can also be applied for v4.

If you're able to upgrade to 10.10 or 10.11, you can use 1Password 5.

I see that you noted iCloud as your sync type; at this time, only the Mac App Store version of 1Password 5 for Mac (and 1Password 5 and 6 for iOS) can use iCloud sync. You bought the AgileBits Store version of 1Password 5 for Mac, which can still use Dropbox and Wi-Fi sync, but if you want, we can issue you a refund from our store so you can buy it from the Mac App Store for iCloud sync functionality. Just let us know if that's what you'd like to do. Here's a quick comparison of the two versions to help you decide.

• KTB
    KTB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Vee, Thank you so very much. I think I would like to get a refund and purchase through the App Store. Can you also assist or point me in the right direction. Thanks!

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @KTB,

I can process the refund for you, no problem. One more note before I do: you got the 50% upgrade discount on 1Password 5, but we have no way to give upgrade discounts in the Mac App Store so you'll have to buy it at regular price. However, now is a great time to do it because it's 40% off, so you'll only end up paying about $5 more than you did for the upgrade license. So would you still like to go ahead with the refund and switch?

• KTB
    KTB
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, please. But thank you for pointing that out! :-)

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @KTB,

Refunded! You should see the funds in your account within a few business days. The sale won't last much longer so I'd encourage you to take advantage of the deal at the Mac App Store ASAP. :) Enjoy!

This discussion has been closed.