1password for windows running in Parallels

Options

I have 1password 4.6 running in Windows 10 on a virtual machine on my mac using Parallels 11. I can set up a vault and it works just fine (can lock the vault open it and use the browser extensions) until I shut down the virtual machine. The next time I restart it I always get the message that my password is not correct. I have tried setting up vaults in dropbox, on the virtual machine c drive, and on the mac. The behavior is always the same - works fine until I shut down the virtual machine but can no longer access the vault once I restart.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:parallels

Comments

• Hi @sullyp55,

I'm also using the same setup and I have not seen that issue.

Are you using the Dropbox client installed in the VM or did you configure Parallels to reuse your Mac's Dropbox folder?

What happens if you copy the vault to your desktop and ask 1Password to open the vault from the desktop, does it still have the same issue after restarting?

• sullyp55
    sullyp55
    Community Member
    Options

Have tried both dropbox folders and I have tried putting it on the desktop. Same behaviour no matter where I put the vault.

• Hi @sullyp55,

You can still unlock the same vaults in 1Password on your Mac, right?

Can you try this:

1. Open 1Password in the VM, go to the File Menu > New 1Password Vault, create a new vault, use the password of 'demo'.
    2. Open Notepad, type 'demo' as well, make sure it is correct.
    3. Reboot the VM, open Notepad to confirm 'demo' is typed correctly and then try to unlock the new vault in 1Password, does it work? What about copying 'demo' from the NotePad and pasting it in 1Password?
  • sullyp55
    sullyp55
    Community Member
    Options

Ok it worked fine until I typed a special character. Then I noticed my keyboard was set to Canadian Multilingual Standard. It was not typing the same special characters on the mac and windows side. Changing to United States (Apple) Parallels keyboard seems to have fixed the issue.

Thanks

• Hi @sullyp55,

Thanks for letting us know what fixed it and you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.