Mobile activity not reported on Dropbox.com

If i go to dropbox to mij account i see my computer and i it is active
Now i see that i have a iphone and i ipad but they are not active and n/a.
Strange but they work so that's not the problem.
But say now my pc is broken or sale.
The ipad and iphone i think still working but how the active on dropbox?
Why don't i see the active it's say n/a?
Must i re-install or is this a 'problem' with dropbox?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    It sounds like you a question for Dropbox unless I have misunderstood. As far as I can tell, the mobile APIs do not update the "Last Activity" field in Dropbox (Account > My Computers). Only their own desktop applications update the "Last Activity" field. Here is a screen shot of my own Dropbox account:

20110611-ge9y852k7786ybd9cft629f11n.jpg

That is normal. 1Password is working well on both my iPhone and iPad. :-)

I hope that helps. If you have further questions, please let me know. I will try to answer them, but beyond Dropbox basics, you may need to contact Dropbox.

Cheers,
  • Thanks for the answer.
    Your correct.

Now what if i don't have a pc so i can't make a 'tempelary' connection whit a windows or mac 1password?
    Is the ipad or iphone the 'master' for the keychain or not.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    The initial setup of Dropbox syncing requires 1Password for Mac or Windows and Dropbox to be installed on a desktop computer, at least temporarily. You can use the free trial of 1Password, and the Dropbox application is always free. Once you've got syncing set up and working, you can uninstall 1Password and Dropbox from the computer if you'd like to do so.

The following document describes the process in 1Password for Windows, but the same steps work in 1Password for Mac:

http://help.agilebits.com/1Password_Windows/iOS-to-Windows.html

Of course, we hope you'll like 1Password so much and find the syncing so convenient that you'll purchase a 1Password for Mac or Windows license, too...but there's no obligation. :)
  • Thanks.

I like the program 1password but for the desktop version i find it to 'expencif'
    I like the desktop version but i don't take much time behind the desktop so for me the ipad and iphone more.
    If the desktop version is not so 'expencif' i buy it because i think you 'need' the desktop version for basic .

Thanks for the answers
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2011
    I understand your pricing concerns and have sent you a private message with a little surprise in it. We always want to make sure our customers know we appreciate them. :-)

I hope it helps.

Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.