Import from 3.7.2 to 6.0

Options
lawdana
lawdana
Community Member

I have an iphone 4s with 1Password version 3.72. It started crashing after recent IOS upgrades. So I purchased 1Password 6.0 and tried to transfer my data from version 3.72 to 6.0. At first a screen came up asking for data transfer. Did not transfer anything. Cannot sync 3.72 to Dropbox or by WI-FI. Nothing works. Backed up to desktop and tried the recommended iTunes sync (good grief folks can't you design something simpler than iTunes sync?). Still didn't work. Any ideas? Thanks!

1Password Version: 3.72
Extension Version: 6.0
OS Version: IOS 9.1
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lawdana

Sorry for the troubles you are having moving to 1Password 6.0. I am sure we will find a way to move your data over.

Did you by any chance see our guide how to upgrade? Did you follow the instructions listed there? https://support.1password.com/upgrade-ios/

• DanaEhrlich
    DanaEhrlich
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I saw those instructions and followed them. No help. Ugh. Why can't the old app simply export the data to the new app or the new app import the data from the old app? Why all of these forum solutions that are, to be frank, way way too technical?

• Good morning, @DanaEhrlich. I'm terribly sorry for the trouble you're having getting your data migrated from 1Password 3 to 1Password 6. Unfortunately we find ourselves in a situation where we can no longer update 1Password 3 for iOS to help with the transition to 1Password 6, so we have to work with what we've got, which is the backup file from 1Password 3.

That being said, there are some rough edges we certainly can and should smooth out here.

While I know you're already frustrated with this whole process, it would help us help you considerably if you could tell us where the migration instructions start to fail for you. Once we've figured that out we can start to get you back on track.

• Iarossi
    Iarossi
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem.
    From 3.7.2 to 6 just downloaded.
    I've followed the instructions.
    Simply, at the end of the process I don't get my data migrated. The new database is empty !

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2015
    Options

Hi folks,

Do you get a screen that looks like this during the import process?

If so, even though it doesn't appear that there is a field to enter your Master Password (for v3) into, it needs to be entered while that screen is active (prior to pressing Unlock). The screen should look more like this:

We're working on getting that fixed up. Please let me know if that was the issue you were running into and if that helps resolve the issue.

Thanks!

Ben

ref: OPI-3160

• Iarossi
    Iarossi
    Community Member
    Options

I don't see the two images, only blu square with "?"

• Iarossi
    Iarossi
    Community Member
    Options

If the images are the same posted in the other similar topic, I can say you YES.
    But the message close itself immediately, only one time it stays on the screen until I press unlock (without digit the master password).
    Now I'll try again !

• Iarossi
    Iarossi
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately, the last time I've tried migration of my data, I've touched the button "don't show anymore this message", and now how can I start migration of my data to the new version ?

• Ben
    Options

They are the same images from the other topic -- yes. Sorry about that. I've corrected them so that they should appear now.

Unfortunately, the last time I've tried migration of my data, I've touched the button "don't show anymore this message", and now how can I start migration of my data to the new version ?

You should still be able to follow these directions:

https://support.1password.com/upgrade-ios/#1password-3-7-1-or-earlier

Please let me know if you are still running into difficulty (and where).

Ben

• Iarossi
    Iarossi
    Community Member
    Options

OK ... backup and restore completed !
    Migration to 6 completed !
    Thank you very much !

• lstenarson
    lstenarson
    Community Member
    Options

I have similar issue. I followed the guide https://support.1password.com/upgrade-ios/#1password-3-7-1-or-earlier, but at last step:

**Finish the import

there is no data in new version of 1Password!
    I got the backup file, changed the extension, and synced it to the iPhone with iTunes. I unlock the app (new) 1Password and its empty. What am I missing?

• Ben
    Options

@Iarossi,

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that worked out.

@lstenarson,

I've replied to your other message, here. Please try to avoid posting the same request in multiple spots, as it just causes a duplication of efforts on our part which slows down the whole process for everyone.

Thanks!

Ben

• Iarossi
    Iarossi
    Community Member
    Options

@Istenarson ... I think you have to digit master password before you confirm touching "unlock" button, even if the App doesn't show you a dedicated field (but show you a keyboard).

• @Iarossi @lstenarson We are aware of this bug and have already fixed it for our 6.2 release. Until then, yes, if you see the keyboard but no text field in which to type, you should still type in your Master Password before tapping Unlock.

This discussion has been closed.