issues with 1 password

Hello I am in a serious situatiotion, pleas help! I have 1password for a while on my mac. Now I updated the system to el Captain.
1 password is not working anymore, and I cannot start any program like adobe or anything. I even have to pay my tax today.
Is there a phone number or anything? I need assistance. Hope this question is private.

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @suzannerosier,

I've moved your post to the 1Password 3 forum in the Legacy section of the forums. Now these forums are public, not private and if that's an issue please do let us know.

Some of what I'm about to write is what we discuss in the thread, 1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X. 1Password 3 is pretty old now and we haven't worked on it since Mountain Lion was released. We're seeing a lot more issues now with the release of El Capitan, including a few in this area.

The first thing to try and see if it helps at all right now is the following:

1. Quit 1Password.
    2. Drag the 1Password application from your /Applications/ folder to the Trash. Please don't use an app cleaner.
    3. Reboot your Mac.
    4. Download 1Password from the Legacy section of our 4. AgileBits Download page.

If it's still crashing then to bypass this issue right now and allow you to regain access to your vault I would recommend downloading 1Password 5 for Mac from the same page. When it starts for the first time it will find your 1Password 3 vault and migrate it to the new format (but leaving the old vault intact). 1Password 5 starts off in a 30 day trial mode so this will allow you to push the issue to one side and get on with the important tasks such as filing taxes - I haven't come across a single government that shows any leniency in this area.

Once things calm down a bit it we can discuss a more long term solution but that solution may be to upgrade to 1Password 5 for Mac as an El Capitan user. We can worry about that later though once you have access to the vault so please do let us know if you do manage to successfully do so and especially if you don't.

This discussion has been closed.