Trouble syncing multiple devices after switch to OPVault

Eerk
Eerk
Community Member

I followed the switch to OPVault instructions to the letter, but have trouble getting my devices in sync. The Mac transition went smoothly. Then I opened 1Password on my iPhone and iPad to have them sync with the new vault. I guess doing it in short succession is part of the problem, but I received several errors. Also when looking at the Dropbox sync messages on my Mac it shows 'conflicted copy' files being generated. I opened the package contents of the vault in Dropbox and noticed these two files:
0103CDEF9F3046509398E96E0C7F2CC1_C0FE4EE6174144EA8CA2A7E4381E5FC0 (mbproeerk's conflicted copy 2015-10-26).attachment
E0C60736D5D34A9EA331EDB8EA5791F3_E01B45AECFF94E93BF15F3F1778E8E47 (mbproeerk's conflicted copy 2015-10-26).attachment

I tried switching off the iPad and just sync the iPhone, but it is working for 10 minutes now and keeps starting the sync count over and over again. DropBox is fully synced and I'm using all the latest versions of 1Password on all of my devices.

Hope you have pointers for me as to how to proceed.

Kind regards,
Eerk Hofmeester
The Netherlands

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: kb:switch-to-opvault

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Eerk,

I'm sorry you're having trouble syncing after switching to the OPVault sync format! It's definitely a little strange that it's acting that way.

I think resetting Dropbox sync might help, but to make sure we give you the correct steps, can you please let us know some additional details:

• What exact version of iOS is running on your iPhone and iPad?
    • What exact version of 1Password is installed on your iPhone and iPad?
    • Aside from your Mac, iPhone, and iPad, what other devices are you syncing with 1Password (if any)?
    • What version of 1Password are you using on the other devices (if any)?
    • Where is your most up-to-date 1Password information?
    • Do you have multiple vaults in 1Password? If so, are they all syncing with Dropbox?

Thanks in advance!

• Eerk
    Eerk
    Community Member

Hello @Drew_AG,

It took some time for my response, because all 1P stuff seems to be working fine now and I wanted to make sure not having you starting a ghost chase for nothing. BTW. The conflicted copy files remain in DropBox, but I guess they were created during the hick-up and no longer serve any purpose.

Thanks for the patience and the invaluable service you guys provide with 1Password!
    Cheers,
    Eerk Hofmeester

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Any time! Thanks so much for following up. I don't blame you for being cautious! I'm glad to hear that things are going well now. The conflict files are mainly there as a safety net if you decide Dropbox has made a 'bad call' with some conflict resolution, so you can revert to those. It sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you need us. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.