Exporting from 1 Password

Options

Looking to print a copy of all my logins on 1 Password in my windows PC and after reading that this could be done by exporting delimited text (cvs), although not sure exactly what this meant, decided to go ahead.

Duly exported and was asked for a file, which I gave as one on my PC, but then when I looked for the result, I could not find to exportred information anywhere. I am concerned that this may be floating around so I hope someone can help me locate the exported information please.

Thanks

Malcolm

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi @Alex161 ,

If all you need to do is print out your Login entries, you can export them via 1Password for Windows in the CSV format (File > Export, and then select the CSV format from the pull down list). Then, use a spreadsheet to open the CSV file, and do what you will from there.

If you need a printout of items other than Logins, you can use this converter suite, specifically the onepif2html converter to convert a 1Password export to an HTML file which you can open in a browser to print as you see fit.

If you've lost track of where the file exported, try re-exporting, and taking note this time of where the file would be placed in the folder hierarchy. You should see the file at the location, and probably within the Save File dialog as well.

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much for that. I have now done this with the creation of a spreadsheet, which I did not undestand beore.
    Since I did not create a spreadsheet on myirst try and exported without doing that first, do you have any idea where that export information may be or does it actually not now exist?

Malcolm

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Alex161: Unfortunately it's impossible for us to say for certain where you exported to, since you're the one who chose the location using the save dialog.

However, it's almost certain that it will have to be on your computer somewhere (unless you saved to a network drive). The default location can vary by OS version and your particular setup, but a good starting point is Documents or Desktop. And if you'd exported a .csv file, you could also search by filename. Generally speaking, the save dialog should open to the location you'd last saved a file, so it's likely in a place you go frequently. I hope this helps! :)

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you brenty, will have anothersearch around. Just concerned that it could be got at if somewhere I do not realise. I have alreay printed to details needed and deleted the contents.

Malcolm

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're most welcome! Sounds good. Be sure to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.