1password desktop shortcut disappears on update

Every time the 1password application updates, it removes the executable shortcut from my desktop. I have never had this issue with any other app that I have updated. Is there a way that this can be fixed, so that on updates I don't have to go to the file location and send the executable to desktop on every update?

1Password Version: Beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @burn123,

That's unusual, we don't do anything with shortcuts when updating 1Password. W're replacing the exe files but that shouldn't affect the shortcuts on the desktop.

I also went through a few updates with no shortcuts disappearing on my Windows 10 desktop.

Do you have a program that cleans up your files if it detects something like a program being uninstalled or anything like that?

• burn123
    burn123
    Community Member

The problem no longer occurs, so it must have been an unknown bug fixed, or something weird on my end

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.