Password required for each Vault

My issue is when I switch vaults on a Windows machine it requires that specific vaults password each time I switch. I know for OSX, you just enter your master password and can freely access all of your shared vaults without having to enter another password. Just wanted to know if this still applies? I noticed a couple forums already discussing this issue, but they were all from 6-12 months ago.

1Password Version: 4.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @indy,

Yes, that is how 1Password 4 for Windows works, it will require you to unlock each vault individually and this is not expected to change for this specific major version. We changed how 1Password works on OS X and iOS platforms to enable this feature, it has not yet arrived to the rest of our platforms such as Windows and Android but it is something we'd want to bring eventually to all platforms.

We do not release details on our future plans but we do want to improve the experience of switching vaults on Windows in the future.

• indy
    indy
    Community Member

Ok, thank you just wanted to make sure.

• You're welcome and feel free to ask any questions you may have on 1Password, we're happy to answer anything.

This discussion has been closed.