sync pc to android marshmallow

kbs
kbs
Community Member

downloaded 1pass on android marshmallow. already have on pc. how do i sync? your support on web site hasn't been supportive. pc asks me for download of bonjour some printing network program. wtf want to sync via wifi.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.0586
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: windows 10/android marshmallow
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: kb:sync-options

Comments

• Hi @kbs,

Bonjour is how we find your 1Password app on the network, you would need to install it on your PC in order for the Wi-Fi sync to work.

Bonjour also includes the ability to find wireless network printers on the network, that's why you see it being mentioned. Bonjour is Apple's wireless zero configuration implementation to make it very simple to find devices on the network without knowing the IP address and the port, which is why we use it.

Please do install Bonjour first and after that, restart 1Password, go to File Menu > Wi-Fi sync and then open 1Password on your Android device to perform the sync. This guide will help with the rest: https://support.1password.com/guides/android/wifi.html

• kbs
    kbs
    Community Member

thx i'll give it a try.

• You're welcome, please let us know if we can provide any help.

• kbs
    kbs
    Community Member

not syncing i enter secret word and nothing happens for a while then i get an error

• kbs
    kbs
    Community Member
    edited October 2015

sync error there was a temporary connection problem during sync. please check the connection on both devices and try again

• kbs
    kbs
    Community Member

hello. can anyone help with the above syncing problem?

• Hi @kbs,

I've moved your thread to our Android forum, so that our Android team can help you fix this.

Do you have a firewall on your PC that could get in the way? Can you also check the time and date between your Windows PC and Android device, they must match in order for the sync to work.

• kbs
    kbs
    Community Member

time is the same. i have mcafee on pc. never been a problem with mcafee before. what action do i take now? will someone email/ message me? do i need to "go somewhere" else?

• Thanks for the update, @kbs. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports from your Android device and your PC:

---Android---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

---Windows---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/win.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• kbs
    kbs
    Community Member

i sent the windows diagnostic report as requested above. i don't know how to send the android one. i just recently dowloaded the app onto my android device. it takes me on a brief tour than offers to creat a new vault or sync another. i choose sync, then wifi sync, then enter secret, then nothing happens. i don't have the options explained in the android diagnostic report link. just what i described after dowloading for the first time on android device.

please let me know what is next. thx.

• peri
    edited October 2015

Thanks! I've located your report, and we can continue the conversation through email. :)
    ref: DEH-61998-444

This discussion has been closed.