1Password for Mac quits unexpectedly, every time try to access the logins list. How can fix this?

I am running 1 Password for Mac Version 3.8.22 (build 32010) on a Mac Mini with OSX El Capitan 10.11. The program starts OK, but as soon as I try to access the logins list, it quits. How can I fix this?

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:My 1Password for Mac quits everytime I try to access the login list.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@MarcosGaser as your post relates to 1P3 I have moved it to the 1Password 3 legacy forum where you will get more help. The first thing to do is to the read the AgileBits posts in this thread at the top of the forum.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MarcosGaser,

I haven't had an opportunity to test El Capitan out yet - time keeps escaping me. One thing worth trying would be the following.

1. Quit 1Password.
    2. Drag the 1Password application from your /Applications/ folder to the Trash. Please don't use an app cleaner.
    3. Reboot your Mac.
    4. Download 1Password again from the Legacy section on our AgileBits Download page.

I don't know if that will make any difference, it might be another incompatibility between 1Password 3 for Mac and El Capitan as we have seen a few reports of this now. It may be the best route is to consider upgrading to the current version of 1Password which is at version 5 just now.

This discussion has been closed.