New Product Request: 1Password for Chrome OS

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the vote, @hteasley! It's a bit more complicated than just "pointing it to your data file in Google Drive", but I'll definitely make sure the developers know you are interested in this. :)

• Danny324
    Danny324
    Community Member

Another vote for ChromeOS!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks!

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member

Another +1. My youngest daughter has a Chromebook and two siblings who use LastPass to manage their online life. 1PasswordAnywhere isn't going to be enough to bring her into the 1P fold.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the vote, Ben!

• Arcank
    Arcank
    Community Member

+1 ! Chrome extension is awesome and I miss it everytime I'm on my Chromebook!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the kind words and feedback, @Arcank! I will pass them both along to the developers. :D

• Anthony_Congdon
    Anthony_Congdon
    Community Member

+1 for ChromeBook, 1Password has become the gateway Digital Life, and I want to use it everywhere. Anywehere is OK but the sooner I can get back to the full experience the happier I will be.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, Anthony. Thanks for letting us know you are interested in this. I will make sure the developers know that you are. :)

• dwestman
    dwestman
    Community Member

I'm very keen for 1Password to work on my new ChromeBook. Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Vote added. Cheers! :D

• wdq
    wdq
    Community Member

+1 On ChromeOS support. Other services like Wunderlist have found their way over to ChromeOS so I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to get 1Password on ChromeOS.

• brandonmarkb
    brandonmarkb
    Community Member

Hi, one more vote from me. Just placed my order for my Chromebook. I'd love to see support for this as well!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I've passed your votes along to the developers. Thanks for your feedback, @wdq and @brandonmarkb! :)

Other services like Wunderlist have found their way over to ChromeOS so I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to get 1Password on ChromeOS.

We never say "never", but keep in mind that Wunderlist is at its core a web-based service while 1Password is not. From a development standpoint they are apples and oranges. ;)

• kgengler
    kgengler
    Community Member

Another +1 for ChromeOS - I originally chose 1Password over LastPass because of a number of features I preferred, but working everywhere I want to use it certainly trumps almost all other features.

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member

@kgengler

It needn’t be an either/or choice. I have been using both 1Password and LastPass for years because I find their strengths to be complementary. I’m not willing to give up 1Password’s solidity and ease-of-use, but I’m also not willing to be constrained by its limitations.

There are now over 1,200 items in my 1Password keychain, and I cannot imagine trying to manage that quantity of data in LastPass. My main LastPass vault contains the stuff that I am most likely to need when I'm using someone else's computer (or someone else's user account on my computer).

• bemjb
    bemjb
    Community Member

Another +1 for ChromeOS.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know! Please keep the feedback coming. :)

• parkr
    parkr
    Community Member

And yet another +1 for ChromeOS. I recently bought a Chromebook from Samsung as it was a cheaper (and lighter) alternative to a Macbook and the only thing missing is a Chrome app for 1Password! I recently found out about the HTML file that I can use to access my passwords via Dropbox but I can't generate new passwords or access the passwords that easily (must scroll through list of logins, click the one I want, click "Reveal" then copy & paste the password into my other browser window). It's also a bit laggy, etc., though that may be more about the CPU/browser engine power than 1Password's code efficiency. I'd be willing to pay maybe $4.99 for the browser extension on the Chrome Web App Store and would be more than happy to work on an open-source version of it if AgileBits wanted to open this implementation up. :)

• AltmanSoftware
    AltmanSoftware
    Community Member

Another vote for 1Pwd on ChromeOS. I already rely on 1pwd on all of my systems (OS/X, Windows, iOS, and Android) and ChromeOS would be next on my list. I licensed 1Password for my entire family and I have already started to move my kids on to Chromebooks; I would like to make sure the have access to their passwords on ChromeOS.

Thanks.

• JohnBinKC
    JohnBinKC
    Community Member

Just another vote for Chrome OS support. I bot my Chromebook in 2012, and have been a long time 1Pswd user on OSX, IOS and Android. I'm in one of the Google Fiber cities (should have my connection by Xmas) so Chromebooks will probably take off here once people see what they can do on 100MB nets.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @parkr, @AltmanSoftware and @JohnBinKC!

Your votes have been added - thanks for the feedback :)

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member

Too bad there’s no mention of Chrome OS here.

• jw1
    jw1
    Community Member

I'm a new Chromebook user and a long time 1Password user. +1 for Chrome OS support.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your vote!

• didenko
    didenko
    Community Member
    edited November 2013

+1 for ChromeOS synced up with other computers - Google Drive preferred as the media, Dropbox is fine as well, but more management overhead for me.

• ShawnBeasley
    ShawnBeasley
    Community Member

+1 for 1Password on Chrome OS. I want to get away from a standard laptop, but PW security under chrome? Hmmmpf. Then I have to stay until you guys have managed to get your product ported, or start a new pure online service. LastPass is not an option. Management of Passwords is archaic, confusing, and just plain ugly. Thanks for the wonderful product. I am sure you guys will hit the chromebook before long.

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    edited November 2013

LastPass is not an option.

I find LastPass to be very useful as a secondary password manager; I rely on it on machines other than my own and in user accounts other than mine on my own machines (admin accounts, guest accounts, et cetera). I could get by with LastPass + 1PasswordAnywhere on a Chromebook if the Chromebook were strictly a satellite device. But if I were thinking about switching to a Chromebook as my everyday machine, I agree with you 100% that LastPass does not cut the mustard.

Google Drive preferred as the media,

If all of your devices are Macs, you can use Google Drive for sync today. If Agilebits ever gets around to porting 1Password to Chrome OS, cross-platform support for Drive sync would be a definite plus.

• mg4
    mg4
    Community Member

+1 for 1Password on ChromeOS. Please!
    1Password was a biggie in becomming less frustrated and more agile online.
    I use 1Password for Android heavily, and the 1Password on Windows is essential obviously. However, with a chromebook replacing my desktop .... there's only one thing keeping me from dumping the desktop .... 1Password! Realestate all over the world, being held in spite of frustrated spouses, for 1Password ChromeOS. Imagine!

• stagl
    stagl
    Community Member

Another request here for chromeOS. Our company is looking to use chromebooks as the standard platform of choice. I love 1password and would love to be able to use a shared database across all of our users. You'll get a dozen or so purchases from me if you go to chromeOS! :D

This discussion has been closed.