iOS 1Password will not accept password data in DropBox

sanussel
sanussel
Community Member

New iPhone. Sync setup in Desktop 1Password is for DropBox syncing. In iOS App when I get to "Please unlock your 1Password data in DropBox to continue, I put in my 1Password password and it is rejected. I have syncing setup on other computers, another iPhone, and 2 iPads and syncing works just fine. The new iPhone is a replacement iPhone on which syncing via DropBox worked just fine. What is the problem?

1Password Version: 5.4.1 beta 1
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: OS X 10.11.2
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: kb:sync-options, ug:ios/sync-with-dropbox, kb:dropbox-troubleshooting

Comments

• Hi @sanussel,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Do you have all of your data in 1Password for Mac? If so I'd recommend turning off syncing on the Mac, make a backup ( https://support.1password.com/backup-faq/mac.html ), and then delete the keychain file in Dropbox. If you'd like to switch to OPVault, now would be the perfect opportunity to do so. Then you can delete the 1Password app from iOS.

Now turn Dropbox sync back on from the Mac, reinstall the iOS app, and setup Dropbox sync there as well (once the Mac has completely finished syncing).

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.