I know used to be able use Ctrl-\ in Internet Explorer bring up 1Password Windows......

Options

I used to be able to use 1Password on my Windows machine in Internet Explorer by using the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl-\", but not it no longer works. So I went out to your site to try to redownload the IE extention, and it is nowhere to be found. Your 1Password main web page still states that it supports Internet Explorer, so what am I missing???

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: ???
OS Version: Windows 7 Enterprise
Sync Type: Drop Box
Referrer: forum-search:I know I used to be able to use "Ctrl-\" in Internet Explorer to bring up 1Password in Windows.....

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JSchaeffer,

Internet Explorer is a very different beast to Firefox and Chrome and it doesn't support extensions in the same way. So the JavaScript extension that works in Safari, Firefox and Chrome doesn't work in Internet Explorer.

So there are two places to check.

1. In 1Password for Windows open the preference window and switch to the Browsers tab. Is the checkbox for Internet Explorer ticked?
    2. In Internet Explorer, click on the cog in the top right hand corner and then select the Manage add-ons option. There should be two entries for 1Password in the list, is their status Enabled?

I'm hoping one of those identifies the issue, please do let us know either way :smile:

This discussion has been closed.