first time poster, long time user (and i did a search!). but with search terms and word clunkiness, who knows, maybe i'm doubling up.
anyway, i used to use 1password this way:
• pick a password entry i use
• change login creds for vendor
• agree to a transfer-password with vendor
• create a password for vendor
• spit out a "secure," universal 1password html file for vendor (goodbye 1password 3.x.x that let me do this)
• send vendor password html file
• enjoy life
then 1password 3 got rid of this feature. it was suggested that secure pdf's be used instead.
so i obliged.
so my 6th bullet became
• spit out a securely-encrypted pdf for vendor
today, i learned, in horror, that i may be hurting myself doing this,
the pdf's - which i have NEVER opened before - contain all previously used passwords.
bullet 2 up above? - contains my password.
which i thought i deleted in bullet 3 (which, i kind of did).
but turns out, it not only goes to previously used passwords,
previously used passwords
1) get transferred to duplicate entries
2) get printed
so i have no idea how many of my passwords i've transferred now.
1password 3 has been gone for a long, long time.
can someone tell me how to modify either 1password or my workflow so as to not do this ever again?
1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided