Software Licenses and receipts

Options
InterestedNewbie2015
InterestedNewbie2015
Community Member

Hi guys,

just to be on the safe side and understand how the software license section functions - Can i delete mails from Apple Mail which contain software license information and receipts after having imported them into the software license section of one password ?

Or is my imported data in the software license section then gone too because it is just a link to the actual document?

I am looking forward to answers and inputs.

Thanks a lot !

Best regards
Interested Newbie

1Password Version: 5.4
Extension Version: 4.4.4
OS Version: osx 10.11
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hey @InterestedNewbie2015! Great username. ;)

Can i delete mails from Apple Mail which contain software license information and receipts after having imported them into the software license section of one password ?

This is entirely up to you. Depending on where you purchased the app, this differs. If you got it from the Mac App Store, you may want to have the proof of purchase around just in case, you may as well keep it in an additional folder in your email account. If not, you can always access your purchase history through the iTunes Store or Mac App Store.

Or is my imported data in the software license section then gone too because it is just a link to the actual document?

Do you currently have a Software License item for 1Password in your vault? You reported that your sync type is iCloud, which only works with the Mac App Store version of the app, and that version comes with a built-in license that is managed by Apple and the App Store, so there wouldn't be a Software License item. You can, however, create one with a PDF of the receipt from the Mac App Store as an attachment just to have a record of things. :)

As far as attachments, they're all contained in your vault. Deleting the original does no harm to the one in your vault because it's kept safe in there.

Let us know if that helps, and if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.