Error message when trying to reveal a password (after El Capitan upgrade)

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Does 1Password work with El Capitan?.

Comments

• ig144
    ig144
    Community Member
    Options

After I upgraded to El Capitan, I get the following error message when I try to reveal a stored password:
    Exception: -[NSExtraLMData _updateFrame:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x10609d440

• ig144
    ig144
    Community Member
    Options

Sometimes I get the same error message when I just double click on a stored login. Basically it is not usable at present.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

It would be very helpful if you would please tell us what version of 1P for Mac you are using.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ig144,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with 1Password after the upgrade to El Capitan! I haven't heard of this happening before, but I'm sure we can figure it out.

In addition to the version of 1Password, can you also let us know the following:

• Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password?
    • Are you getting the error in the main 1Password app or in 1Password mini?
    • What are the exact steps you take to reveal a password?
    • You said this also happens sometimes when double-clicking on a Login - when you aren't getting the error, are you able to use the 1Password extension in your browser?
    • Does the problem happen after rebooting your Mac?

Thanks!

• ig144
    ig144
    Community Member
    Options

I had the latest version of the 3 series.
    I unistalled it and am using version 4 in Windows (via Parallels Desktop) on my Mac - without problems.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ig144,

It sounds like you're using 1Password 3 for Mac, so I've moved your message to our "1Password 3 for Mac" forum.

I'm glad to hear 1Password 4 for Windows is working well for you via Parallels! We're more than happy to continue looking into the problem you're having with 1Password 3 for Mac, so if you decide you'd like help with that, just let us know the other information I asked for.

Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.