OneDrive-synced vault not found

revxx14
revxx14
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I tried using this app a month or two ago, and I had an issue where 1Password Alpha couldn't find my vault in OneDrive. After todays update, I got excited, hoping the bug was fixed, and gave it another go. No luck. My vault is definitely in /Apps/1Password Alpha/, this is driving me crazy. Here's what I've tried:

• Reinstalling the app
  • Deleting and recreating my vault
  • Changing from .agilekeychain to .opvault
  • Setting up the app on my Windows 10 desktop (I get the same exact error)
  • Moving my vault to DropBox (I get the same exact error, even saying that it couldn't find my vault in OneDrive, which makes no sense)

Here's a screenshot to prove I have vaults in /Apps/1Password Alpha/:

1Password Version: 1.1511.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 (Desktop & Mobile)
Sync Type: OneDrive (also DropBox)

Comments

• @revxx14 sorry to hear it doesn't work as expected. Can you please send us live log after you try to open vault on OneDrive (settings\live log, there should be an email like button at top right on tablets or bottom right on phones). To find out what went wrong we need to see if there are any errors logged there.

• revxx14
    revxx14
    Community Member

I don't think I can even get to that, I'm stuck in the initial setup process. Here's the screen I'm at:

• revxx14
    revxx14
    Community Member

Okay, I was able to open the .agilekeychain one as a local vault on my laptop, then I tried adding a OneDrive connection, and I'm still getting the same error. I'm looking at the log, doesn't seem like anything went wrong, but I just emailed it to you.

• Thanks @revxx14, got your message!

• @revxx14 please update app to 1.1511.50 and try again. This time if OneDrive still return no results in search you will have the workaround - just open your folder in web browser and copy URL in 1Password

• jsass
    jsass
    Community Member

New user as of today. Same scenario for me trying to sync on the Windows 10 mobile app. With the newer update though, I can find the vaults successfully in OneDrive by submitting links from the browser. But so far it still hasn't found them automatically. when I attempt to open an opvault structure, the app will let me enter the password, then it crashes. Using agilekeychain structure, the app will find the vault via a provided link, and will let me enter the password, but it doesn't look it's accepting it. It clears the field, and displays "password hint:" regardless of whether it's correct or not.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@jsass, I'm sorry you're having that problem with the alpha app! :(

Can you please send us your crash reports from within the app, right after the app crashes in trying to open an .opvault folder?

Can you also send us the live log from within the app, right after the app fails to open an .agilekeychain folder?

Thanks!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

By the way, @jsass, are you using two-factor authentication on your OneDrive account?

If so, is it possible to disable it, temporarily, to see whether that solves the problem?

• jsass
    jsass
    Community Member
    edited November 2015

Just sent both live logs and crash reports via email to you. Also, I've checked my Microsoft account authentication settings, and two-step verification was already turned off in OneDrive.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2015

Thanks, @jsass!

Ref: SBY-39815-153

This discussion has been closed.