Feature Requests for Windows App

Options
alexkadis
alexkadis
Community Member
edited November 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi all,

There are a few features that I'd like to see on the Windows app. Some may be bugs, but I'm betting most are missing features:

• Unlocking 1Password from the browser extension or system tray should unlock the vault in 1Password app itself
  • Double clicking on a password from within the 1Password app should copy that password to the clipboard, same with username
  • Columns in the 1Password app should customizable (I want to show username, hide last modified date)
  • Ctrl - alt - \ produces a menu from the tray rather than the one in the browser, which is a bit confusing
  • Can't right-arrow or left-arrow to see more details about a login, credit card, or identity so I could copy some other details (like a secondary password) without needing to open the full 1Password app
  • Can't alt-tab to the 1Password app, only can access via the helper or the task bar when the "download icons" dialog is open, may happen at other times too.
  • Custom font-size (default is a bit small)
  • As much as I like the Mac UI, it doesn't quit!
    e fit in with Windows - background gradients, large toolbar, etc.

• No way to "forget" an old vault

• There's a small error in the preferences pane - the "y" in "tray" is cut off.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: Chrome 4.4.3.90
OS Version: Windows 7 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    edited November 2015
    Options

Hi @alexkadis,

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it!

Unlocking 1Password from the browser extension or system tray should unlock the vault in 1Password app itself

As long as the program is running, it should already do that. If not, try opening the main 1Password program, unlock, go to the File Menu > Preferences > Browsers and check the box next to When unlocking the application, also unlock 1Password in the browser.

If the main program is not running, then you will have to unlock it again. This is intentional due to how it is designed at the moment.

Double clicking on a password from within the 1Password app should copy that password to the clipboard, same with username

There’s a Copy to Clipboard icon next to each field to let you click once to copy its value to your clipboard.

Columns in the 1Password app should customizable (I want to show username, hide last modified date)

You can show username column by going to the View Menu > Columns > Show Username in Logins.

We will look into making this more flexible in the future or we might radically redesign this.

Ctrl - alt - \ produces a menu from the tray rather than the one in the browser, which is a bit confusing

How often does this happen and can you reproduce this?

It should be showing up right next to your mouse cursor most of the time.

1Password Helper, the system tray program, is the one showing you the menu when you press any of the shortcuts while in the browser or in other programs, so it would show up from there if it cannot grab the location of the mouse.

Can't right-arrow or left-arrow to see more details about a login, credit card, or identity so I could copy some other details (like a secondary password) without needing to open the full 1Password app

This is due to a limitation of the menu UI, you must right-click on the Login item to show its details. When you right-click on the Login item, it will generate a new menu next to it.

However, it is limited to only showing you certain fields. If you need more, you will have to open it in 1Password by right-clicking on the item to select Open in 1Password.

We have plans to improve this whole experience in the future but I don’t have a timeframe on this.

Can't alt-tab to the 1Password app, only can access via the helper or the task bar when the "download icons" dialog is open, may happen at other times too.

We have plans to improve this by making them a separate thread instead of being a part of the main program’s thread. This would also be applied to any other dialogs we have that shows up on top, such as the update checker.

Custom font-size (default is a bit small)

Where is it too small or is it all text that’s too small? We use the default system font and its size, so if you change the system font size, it should update the interface as well.

As much as I like the Mac UI, it doesn't quite fit in with Windows - background gradients, large toolbar, etc.

We have plans to modernize the interface on Windows and we have some work being done in the alpha version of 1Password for Windows Modern that’s available in the Windows Store right now.

The current interface in the Windows version is identical to what 1Password for Mac looks like a few years back in its top view layout. We will improve this in the future.

No way to "forget" an old vault

Click on the old vault to open it, 1Password will say it cannot find it and then gets rid of it.

There's a small error in the preferences pane - the "y" in "tray" is cut off.

It’s a known bug, we’ll change the interface in the future to make this better.

This discussion has been closed.