Database backup failed

Options

When I start my computer the following appears" Database backup failed, could not be backed up but Database exists but invalid. One or more keys may be missing"
How do I restore?

1Password Version: 1 Password 3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.6.8
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Computer says" database Backup Failed" Database exists but invalid.....How do I restore?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@HuaHin as your post relates to 1P3 I have moved the post from the 1Password for Mac forum to the 1P3 legacy forum where you will get more help.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @HuaHin,

The first thing I would like you to try for me please is:

1. Use the menu option Help > Troubleshooting > Rebuild Data File...
    2. Use the menu option File > Backup Data File

If 1Password successfully backs up your vault then the rebuild sorted out the problem.

If it didn't you may need to return to an older copy of your vault be restoring a backup. You can do this using the menu option File > Restore Data File from Backup... and start with the newest backup until you find one where you can successfully back it up without error.

Does that make sense? Please do keep us informed as to how things go.

• hjfvp8439
    hjfvp8439
    Community Member
    Options

File>Restore Data File from backup-the newest backup worked like a charm.
    Thanks.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great to hear @hjfvp8439 :smile: I would hope any possible data loss from whatever damaged the vault would be minimal too. Do let us know if it happens again though as it sticks out that two people contacted us very close to each other with the same issue.

This discussion has been closed.