since downloading the update all I get is one crash after another andcan't get into my wallet.HELP!

SUDDENLY .... I CAN'T GET INTO WALLET, if I click on wallet it crashes and now I can't get to seldom used passwords. I need help NOW

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:since downloading the update all I get is one crash after another andcan't get into my wallet.HELP!

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

I'm sorry but we really do need some basic information in order to help you. Please tell us:

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@anovominsky: Indeed, without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. Thanks in advance! :)

• anovominsky
    anovominsky
    Community Member

using 1 password Version 3.8.22 (build 32010) I do not know much about computers and am not a happy camper when something I never had a problem with in the past suddenly keeps crashing. I am a 72 year old technology newcomer that does not understand how to fix
    Using:1 Password Version 3.8.22 (build 32010)
    Using:OSX10.11.1
    If I go in and click on wallet it just crashes every time. I also can't edit anything if I change a password

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @anovominsky,

I've moved your post to the legacy section of our forums as 1Password 3 for Mac is a couple of years old now and this is essentially the problem. We last worked on 1Password 3 for Mac when Mountain Lion was the current version of OS X and the three newer versions of OS X since then haven't been kind to 1Password 3 for Mac. Our post, 1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X may help explain why as well as discuss the only real option left for full functionality to be restored. I don't like suggesting that upgrading is the solution, I would much rather people upgraded because they wanted to but sadly this is where we're at. 1Password 3 isn't under active development any more and it doesn't have good compatibility with El Capitan.

You might be able to get it to not crash using the following steps but there are known issues between 1Password 3 for Mac and El Capitan while they don't exist in 1Password 5 for Mac.

As some people can at least launch 1Password 3 for Mac the following might stop the crashing.

1. Quit 1Password.
    2. Drag the 1Password application from your /Applications/ folder to the Trash. Please don't use an app cleaner.
    3. Reboot your Mac.
    4. Download 1Password again from the Legacy section of our AgileBits Download page and move this copy into your /Applications/ folder.

Basically though one or more of the many modifications to OS X that is part of the new El Capitan means 1Password 3 for Mac isn't the same reliable 1Password that people knew when they were running the likes of Snow Leopard or Mountain Lion.

This discussion has been closed.