Hi, periodically various logins seem to disappear from 1Password. It's really annoying. Any help?

Options
ej1
ej1
Community Member

From time to time, logins will disappear. I haven't identified a pattern on my end. If it's user error, I'd love to know what I should stop doing.

1Password Version: 540046
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.1
Sync Type: Wifi
Referrer: forum-search:disappearing login

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ej1: Can you tell me about your sync setup? Data generally won't 'disappear' unless it's deleted (check your Trash), something's damaged, or there's some kind of a sync conflict. Be sure to let me know the OS and 1Password versions you're using on all devices. We'll get to the bottom of this! :)

• ej1
    ej1
    Community Member
    Options

I just discovered if I am running 1password and 1password 5 side-by-side. They have different login information. I am going to assume this is user error on my part.

Thanks for getting back to me.

• @ej1 It sounds like you simply may not be syncing things. Do you have multiple devices? It almost sounds like you have two different versions of 1Password on your computer. Could you give us a bit more information still as to what's going on? Feel free to go into detail — that'll help us understand things a bit better.

• ej1
    ej1
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Yes, there are two versions of 1Password on my computer. When I installed 1Password 5 I didnt realize it would install itself along another version of 1Password. I have 1Password 5.4 and 1Password 5.4.1 installed on my computer. I didnt realize that until today.

In terms of syncing. I sync my primary vault with my iPhone 6 using wi-fi sync. I also use dropbox sync to share passwords, in a different vault, with co-workers.

I'm going to see what logins existing in the 5.4 but not the 5.4.1 version, move those over to 5.4.1, and then delete the 5.4 version.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ej1: If it's just a few, that should work just fine. However, if it turns out that there's a significant number doing it manually may be onerous. In that case, consider making a fresh backup of each vault, and then merging the data by doing a one-time sync of the 1Password vault you're planning on getting rid of (it isn't clear to me if you'll be sticking with the AgileBits or Mac App Store version) with the other using Dropbox, and then you can disable Dropbox for the primary vault and delete the copy (and its data) you won't be using any longer once you've verified the data in the vault. :)

• ej1
    ej1
    Community Member
    Options

Great, thanks for the help!

• @ej1 On behalf of brenty, you're welcome. If you need anything else, feel free to come say hi! :)

This discussion has been closed.