Some logins don't show on IOS [Only logins with URLs matching the currently displayed page appear]

DoctorDan
DoctorDan
Community Member
edited November 2015 in iOS

I have 3 logins that begins Skype. On the Mac searching for Skype displays all three. On the iPad, searching for Skype displays none of them. Is this what you intended? Do you have it in for Skype?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

On your Mac edit one of the items that does not show on the iPad and check the display field towards the bottom of that item. Make sure it's set to Always. Does that solve the problem on the iPad?

Stephen

• Hi @DoctorDan,

Please let us know if Stephen's answer helps.

Thanks!

Ben

• DoctorDan
    DoctorDan
    Community Member

They are already all set to "Always"

• DoctorDan
    DoctorDan
    Community Member

Here's some additional detail.

1 - If safari is on the url corresponding to a saved entry, that entry appears in the 1PW list and I can choose it. If safari is not on any url other that on that matches a 1PW item, search won't/can't fined it. Therefore, there is no way to use 1PW to select a login and "open and fill" it like you can do on the desktop version.

2 - When using Chrome on iPad, selecting a 1PW item does NOT fill the form fields like it does in safari.

3 - Ditto for iCab Mobile

• @DoctorDan,

If safari is on the url corresponding to a saved entry, that entry appears in the 1PW list and I can choose it. If safari is not on any url other that on that matches a 1PW item, search won't/can't fined it.

Correct. This is working as intended.

Therefore, there is no way to use 1PW to select a login and "open and fill" it like you can do on the desktop version.

Not from within Safari, correct. But you can do this from within the 1Password app:

https://support.1password.com/guides/ios/1browser.html

Note that this will use the 1Browser web browser, built-into 1Password, instead of Safari.

2 - When using Chrome on iPad, selecting a 1PW item does NOT fill the form fields like it does in safari.
    3 - Ditto for iCab Mobile

Chrome and iCab do not use our filling code. We provide all of the code necessary to fully implement 1Password in an app, but it is up to the developers of each app to do so. Both Chrome and iCab have implemented only a limited portion of our code, which does not include the filling bits. They have opted instead to use their own code for filling. As such unfortunately we do not have any direct impact on the proper filling of items in either of those apps.

I'd be interested to know, though, do you experience this problem (no filling) with all logins, or just a subset?

Thanks!

Ben

• DoctorDan
    DoctorDan
    Community Member

It appears that the issue only affects some sites. The one that triggered this was www.bankofamerica.com

• Thanks, @DoctorDan. Unfortunately because they are not using 1Password's filling code a fix for that problem is something that the Chrome (and/or) iCab developers will need to undertake. You can contact them here:

Chrome: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/chrome
    iCab: http://www.icab-mobile.de/contact.html

Sorry I don't have a more direct solution.

Ben

• DoctorDan
    DoctorDan
    Community Member

Thanks for the help. I have a better understanding of the issue now.

• You're very welcome. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.