Request: iCloud syncing

Options
jjdeman
jjdeman
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

My vault is save via iCloud. Unfortunately not supported at the moment. I am a very happy user for many years and was missing this app in Windows. Now integrating to the users like me using both apple, iMac, iPhones and windows pc! Would be nice. I am a pro user.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Thanks @jjdeman for the iCloud reminder! I've made sure that your request will not be lost.

• lexxism
    lexxism
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, I definitely agree on this one. It will be nice to have an icloud as an option for cloud syncing.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know your preference, @lexxism!

• tri4one
    tri4one
    Community Member
    Options

I am trying to set up the iPassword Alpha on my windows 10 computer. I have icloud set to sync on this computer. icloud is not an option for set up, will this be fixed?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:Icloud sync with windows 10 1password

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @tri4one, adding support for iCloud is definitely something we want to do for the future. For now, you can use OneDrive, DropBox, or sync with a local folder on your

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2015
    Options

If the iCloud-synced .opvault or .agilekeychain folder is present on your Windows Phone, you might try using the Folder Sync option and selecting it there.

Caution: If you modify 1Password items in the alpha app on your Windows Phone, those edits will not (yet) be synced to other devices using the same folder.

If you do, please let us know how it goes!

• jlantz
    jlantz
    Community Member
    Options

Understood that you know this is important. For my two cents:

• like many, I've only used 1Password on IOS, although I am a desktop Win user (now working with Surface Pro 4, consequently, expanding my use of 1Password)
    • like many, synching with iCloud
    • had to resynch with Dropbox, then copied it locally
    • probably spent 1-2 hours mostly to help with testing

Hopefully, you will bump iCloud synch up in priority for new Alpha users to ease the transition.

Love 1Password and been using it for 3-4-5 years?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for letting us know your preference, @jlantz!

• steve_johnson
    steve_johnson
    Community Member
    Options

Adding another vote for iCloud syncing.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know, @steve_johnson!

• rikard_fries
    rikard_fries
    Community Member
    Options

Me too. Adding another vote that is.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know, @rikard_fries.

• kevinu
    kevinu
    Community Member
    Options

Another vote for this. I'm an avid 1Password owner and user on Mac and iOS and with no way (easy way?) to use the vault and logins I already have 1Password on Windows and Windows Phone is like starting over. If there's a technical way to allow these to share a vault it would be huge for multiplatform users like myself. Keep up the great work!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2016
    Options

Thanks for letting us know your preference, @kevinu.

In the meantime, though, don't forget that Dropbox already provides full cross-platform syncing of your 1Password data. I use it to keep all my own Logins and other items available on Mac, PC, and iPhone.

• kevinu
    kevinu
    Community Member
    Options

To clarify: if I switched my iOS and Mac clients to use Dropbox (and not iCloud) I could then access on all of my devices and share a vault? Would I lose any functionality by doing so? Thanks!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No loss of functionality that I'm aware of, and I've been using Dropbox for that very purpose for many years.

(Just to be clear, I'm not talking about 1Password for Teams, in which vaults are not synced in the same way, at all. See the 1Password for Teams page for details.)

This discussion has been closed.