new 1password doesn't know my previous version was pro & wants me to purchase for all my devices

Options
mattcathey
mattcathey
Community Member

old version 3.7.2 nov 2 2012 prompted my to upgrade to new version 6.0.2 and now says I need to repurchase pro for both my laptop and iphone. I made my purchases thru the apple app store using my apple id. The purchases show up in my purchased log but the new versions don't recognize the purchases?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:new 1password doesn't know my previous version was pro

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mattcathey,

It sounds like your question is about the iOS version of 1Password, so I've moved your post from our Mac forum to our iOS forum. I hope you don't mind!

If you purchased 1Password 3 for iOS (aka 1Password Pro) in the past, that doesn't unlock the Pro Features in newer versions of 1Password for iOS. To give a brief history, we released 1Password 4 for iOS back in December 2012 as a separate purchase from 1Password 3, which was a few years old by that point. Version 4 was an entirely new version of the app, so it was sold separately - basically, version 4 was a paid upgrade from version 3.

1Password 6 for iOS is a free download, and offers free basic features. The Pro Features are free if you previously purchased 1Password 4 for iOS, or if you purchased the Pro Features in 1Password 5 for iOS. Otherwise, you can choose to unlock the Pro Features with an in-app purchase. You would only need to purchase the Pro Features once and can unlock them in 1Password 5 or 6 on all your iOS 8 or 9 devices associated with your Apple ID.

I'm sorry for any confusion about that! I hope this helps to explain why the Pro Features aren't automatically unlocked for you in 1Password 6 for iOS. If you have more questions about that, please let us know. Thanks! :)

• mattcathey
    mattcathey
    Community Member
    Options

Drew, thanks for the follow up, So if I repurchase the 1P 6 for my iPhone do I also have to repurchase the 1P for my macbook air? and will the 1P 6 automatically sync between my ipad and iphone if I don't upgrade to the pro version? thanks again.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mattcathey,

Just to clarify:

So if I repurchase the 1P 6 for my iPhone

You wouldn't be repurchasing 1Password 6 for iOS, as you haven't purchased it yet. You purchased an older product, which has since been retired. Also: as Drew mentioned, 1Password 6 for iOS is a free app. Only the Pro features require a purchase.

do I also have to repurchase the 1P for my macbook air?

What version of 1Password do you currently have on your Mac?

and will the 1P 6 automatically sync between my ipad and iphone if I don't upgrade to the pro version?

1Password can sync without the Pro features, but the answer to this question will rely on the answer to my previous question.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.