Passwords change randomly

Options

Comments

• cyrusbaria
    cyrusbaria
    Community Member
    Options

I have a similar problem where the passwords change randomly and are incorrect. Its a good job I generate passwords using my own method which I can remember. Why would this be

• @cyrusbaria When you say that passwords change randomly, when does that usually happen? If you generate a new password in an item and save it, that will change the password in 1Password but it won't change it on the website itself. If you change it on the website but don't save the new version of the password, it may still be in the Passwords category if you used our generator. Does that help?

• cyrusbaria
    cyrusbaria
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry but you have completely confused me. I use a password and then I enter it manually in 1 Password for Mac. I cannot exactly trace when the password has changed but some of my passwords are just random letters and numbers, which I would never have keyed in.

• @cyrusbaria Sorry for the confusion. Changing your password is a two-step process. First, you change it on the website. Second, you need to save the new password in 1Password so you can access it later. This guide should help clarify things:

Changing a saved password

Let us know if that helps.

This discussion has been closed.