Notes on an entry keeps changing size - how can I change it to before the update

Notes on an entry keeps changing size - how can I change it to before the update

1Password Version: Version 3.8.21 (build 32009)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Notes on an entry keeps changing size - how can I change it to before the update

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jovretb: I'm not sure what you mean when you say they are 'changing size', but 1Password 3 overall has some issues on El Capitan since it was designed back in 2009. 1Password 3 has not been under active development for years and won't be receiving updates. The only way to get 1Password 3 to work the way it did on an earlier OS X version would be to go back to that.

The best thing to do would be to upgrade to 1Password 5, which fully supports on El Capitan and Yosemite. This is a paid upgrade if you do not already have a valid 1Password 4/5 license, but you can use your existing license to get upgrade pricing from the AgileBits Store.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• jovretb
    jovretb
    Community Member

Thanks - really helpful !
    I had to buy from app store and it cost 49.99$ for each install after I bought earlier a five user license for 70$ - what a fraud ! And I guess they will keep doing this every year to exploit users who have become dependent – I will gradually wean myseif off this system – they have become like all the others creating dependencies and then exploiting users

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jovretb,

I'm so sorry for the frustration here! You certainly should not have to pay separately for each installation of 1Password. The App Store guidelines permit you to install apps on as many computers as you personally use, and with Family Sharing, you can share those apps with up to 5 members of your family.

If you already own a license for 1Password 3, you're entitled to a discount if you choose to upgrade through our store. This discount is available by entering your current license information on our upgrade page. I looked in our back office records, but was unable to locate any licenses attached to the email address that is in your forum profile. If you originally purchased directly from the AgileBits Store, I'd be happy to track down your original license and ensure that you get the upgrade discount (if you're interested.) Please email your purchase details in to support+licenses@agilebits.com. It will be helpful to see the email address that you used to make the purchase, and the license number, if you have access to it.

Again, I apologize for the trouble. We value your support and I'm happy to work with you to ensure that you're not paying for multiple licenses for 1Password when you don't have to.

This discussion has been closed.