Vault Switch Feature Request

Options
mvasilakis
mvasilakis
Community Member

Hi,
Recently I left a vault active at work that I do not want anyone access to. It locked when I left unfortunately there was no way to access a different vault from the helper app. It's not that big a deal but it would be nice to have the ability to switch vaults from the helper app.

Which brings me to my next point. Once the main vault is locked I would like a preference to hide certain vaults from being visible by anyone until the main vault it unlocked.

For instance:
1. Main vault
2. Super secret vault
3. Work vault

Unless Main Vault is unlocked I don't want super secret vault visible at all.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mvasilakis,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your feedback & suggestions!

Recently I left a vault active at work that I do not want anyone access to. It locked when I left unfortunately there was no way to access a different vault from the helper app. It's not that big a deal but it would be nice to have the ability to switch vaults from the helper app.

Actually, this is already possible - if you open 1Password mini while it's locked, click the 1Password icon/image on the lock screen to see a list of secondary vaults, and choose one (you'll need to enter the master password for that secondary vault). You can also use a keyboard shortcut (⌘1, ⌘2, ⌘3, and so on) to switch vaults on the lock screen (those shortcuts will also work when 1Password is unlocked).

Once the main vault is locked I would like a preference to hide certain vaults from being visible by anyone until the main vault it unlocked.

I can't make any promises of course, but I can certainly forward that suggestion to our developers to let them know you'd like to be able to do that.

Thanks again for letting us know! If you need anything else, we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.